Ford Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Half Shark Alligator Man
317 Posts
Mr Cube said:
I was dreaming and went into the local Porsche dealer.

They had brochures in hard cover to give away, they also took my name and the next thing I know Porsche HQ, had sent me by Airmail a promo pack, with Price guide for the boxter, model guide on all there cars, a copy of there mag "Christophorus" and a 30min video on the Boxter.

Are you actually comparing a FORD with a PORSCHE here ??? j/k hehehe:1poke:

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
I sent an email to Ford via My Ford and got the following responce:-

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your e-mail requesting a brochure on the Ford BA GT.

We wish to inform you that there are currently no brochures available on the
new Ford Performance Vehicles range. Therefore, we have placed you on a
priority list and you will receive a brochure as soon as it becomes
available.

Please visit www.fpv.com.au for additional information.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

George Paradisis
Ford Customer Communication Centre
Ph: 1800 643 673
E-mail: [email protected]

Enhance your Ford ownership experience - Join MyFord www.myford.com.au
New Falcon - Can't get enough of this - Visit www.ford.com.au

What hope have we got ?

Like I said I sent this via My Ford, where they have details of my EB GT, so you would think that they might see as a potential customer.

Oh well !!

·
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA
457 Posts
Hey whats wrong with collecting brochures? Between my father and I we have every brochure from XA on!
Its called dedication :)

F

·
0 Posts
Yellow Fire said:
A simple "we're out of stock" would be a better to response to someone asking for one who obviously has no intention of buying a car (eg a pack of 13 year olds)
if i was a salesman, i would definately be handing brochures out to kids, no matter what their age. Chances are, they are gonna show that brochure to their dad, and you never know how much money their dad has to spend, and what he wants to spend it on.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
russellw said:
The wonders of the web. If you think car brochure collecting is odd then try these on -

The good old US has a massive number of people who collect Police badges - they were even out here for a convention a few years back.

Not to be outdone we have the Association of Timetable collectors who collect bus and train timetables.

... or how about the knife collectors club?
... or the SA Military vehicle collectors association?
... or National Beer Can collectors Inc.?
or from further afield
The road map collectors association (from Arkansas so that probably explains that one).
The Association of game and puzzle collectors (US).
Telephone Collectors International (Kansas) - their newsletter is called "Singing Wires". (We have one here too).
The Paper Collectors Association (Wisconsin)
The Button Collectors Club (the ones you sew on your shirts).
The Tube collectors Association (for electron tubes).
Vaseline Glass Collectors, Inc. (!!)
National Duck Stamp Collectors Society - here is their own explanation of what they do - The primary purpose of the National Duck Stamp Collectors Society (NDSCS) is to promote and encourage the collecting and study of migratory waterfowl hunting and conservation stamps. The NDSCS is the only stamp collecting society devoted exclusively to duck stamps. Hard to see why it's the ONLY one!

The International Scouting Collectors Association (they collect uniforms and stuff not the actual Scouts).
International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
The Cracker Jack Collectors Association - What could possibly be more fun than finding the surprise inside a Cracker Jack?
Mountain Dew Bottle Collectors
Ohio Decoy Collectors & Carvers Association!
The National Association of Milk Bottle Collectors.
The Maytag Collectors Club )as in large commercial washing machines).
Early Typewriter Collectors Association.
Sugar Packet Collector's International.
The Society Of Inkwell Collectors.
Subbuteo Collectors' Forum (for those who don't know the soccer game played by turning handles often seen in British films).
The M&M'S® Collectors Club - (yes the lollies).
McDonald's Collectors Club
Southwest Tool Collector Associations
Wee Forest Folk Collectors' Club
.. and the list goes on endlessly!!

Cheers
Russ
Russ - a bit off topic don't you think? I mean I know this thread is about brochures, but you've just gone silly. lol! Still, there are definitely some wackos out there. But then they probably think anyone who woudl pay $75,000 for a car is a wacko - all a matter of perspective. $15 for a brochure of the GT - look the GT up on the web - It's free (apart from the phone call cost, and ISP cost etc).

·
Patriotic Aussie car fan
313 Posts
I don't suppose anyone has a copy of this 'great' brochure, as well as a scanner???

·
Sith User
148 Posts
charging $15 for a brochure? Is this the same Ford that posted out T-Shirts to people who visited the new falcon ute site?

Buy the latest copy of Motor and Wheels, you'll get lots of photos, unbiased articles (well, kind of....) and still have change.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
It all depends whether ford made to brochure to sell (i.e merchandise), or to promote the GT ?

If its to make $$$ selling it, then good on them, if its to promote the GT then imo it should be free.

Still, I think that there should be a across the board price for everybody. Why some people get it for free, and some have to pay is rediculous.

A bottle of coke costs the same for everyone right around australia... i think ?!?

S

·
0 Posts
DarthFalcon said:
charging $15 for a brochure? Is this the same Ford that posted out T-Shirts to people who visited the new falcon ute site?

Buy the latest copy of Motor and Wheels, you'll get lots of photos, unbiased articles (well, kind of....) and still have change.

Yes true i got one in the mail. A sweet New Falcon ute Tshirt and a Falcon ute brochure.

15 bucks. lol for a Ford one . No even porsche charges.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
falconS said:
if i was a salesman, i would definately be handing brochures out to kids, no matter what their age. Chances are, they are gonna show that brochure to their dad, and you never know how much money their dad has to spend, and what he wants to spend it on.
Yes but when the Sales Manager gives you the ass if you do that you'll probably be more selective in who you give brochures to.

F

·
0 Posts
well then that sales manager doesnt know #*?! about sales technique and doesnt deserve to be sales manager.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts