1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gale-force Falcon
By The Drive Team
The Age

Ford's recently relaunched performance division, FPV, will use the Melbourne motor show to unveil what is arguably its worst-kept secret -- a beefed-up version of the Falcon XR6 Turbo to be known as the F6 (for force six) Typhoon.

The high-output version of the Falcon's in-line six-cylinder turbo engine in the F6 Typhoon is expected to put out about 280kW of power, just 10kW less than the flagship Falcon GT.

Engineers are understood to have been blessed with the problem of having too much power, forcing a slight detuning to ensure the V8-powered GT remains king of the HSV-fighting line-up.

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Makes GT owners feel all warm inside I bet.
An absolute bloody disgrace on Fords behalf.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford F6 Typhoon

Autoindex.org

Ford Performance Vehicles is set to create a storm at the Melbourne Motor Show in Australia later this month when it blows the wraps off its first turbo-charged concept car – the F6 Typhoon.

This dynamic new production concept will add another dimension to the exciting evolution of FPV and build on the success it has generated since the launch of the GT, GT-P and Pursuit ute last year.

“This is the beginning of a new era for Ford Performance Vehicles,” says David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“When we announced the formation of Ford Performance Vehicles we promised to create the broadest range of locally-developed high-performance vehicles in Australia. We believe the exciting F6 Typhoon is the next step in delivering that promise – but certainly not the last.”

“We raised the bar in the V8 segment with the GT, and we believe the F6 Typhoon will further strengthen our position as the technical leaders in the tribal high-performance vehicle market. It will demonstrate our commitment to providing a family of cars that offer a Total Performance package.”

The F6 Typhoon will be powered by a high-performance turbo-charged and intercooled 4.0-litre six cylinder engine that is certain to provide exhilarating performance. More information, including power and torque outputs, will be released at the Melbourne Motor Show on February 27.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I wouldn't at all be surprised if they raise the GT kw to 300

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey All

I guess the main problem here is that the gt owners are seeing very easy mods for the turbo 6 (wind up the boost) which you simply can't do for a GT. As for 300KW, I thaught I saw that they did get this out of it but the driving characteristics of the engine are not as good as at 290. It is only 10 KWs though. My solution, Superchaged v8 for GTHO (and maybe a discounted kit for existing GT owners for an upgrade?)

Warra

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
This car is a fantastic addition to the FPV lineup. To the GT owners out there that feel they're getting hard done by, you're not, this is a series 2 car, so i think it's a little premature to think this is going to outperform the GT's, sure maybe the series 1 GT's, but that's no big deal, that's evolution. Series 2 GT's i'm sure will be holding top spot.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
There is no reason for any GT owners to feel let down. A v8 person will always choose a v8, and even if they do they now have a very good alternative.

I say great work Ford/FPV, this is a very good addition to the FPV range.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
all i can say is this is going to be bloody awesome... ppl were complaing that we didnt have enouf high performance cars a few years ago... dnt tell me that this is a disgrace... we need a range of hp cars not just v8's,... and the F6 will provide this!!!!

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
I dont see why its a "disgrace" or GT owners should feel cheated.

Everyone knows when they buy a new car that there will be a better one released later.

Should the buyers of the original XW GTs have felt gypped when they released the HO? Should Ferrari F50 owners havescreamed when the Enzocame out?

Its the way of the world.

I currently have a beautiful BA XTsports in my driveway. Should I scream blue murder when the BAII is released with improvements and goodies I dont have? With that attituted we would still be in model Ts.

Or did FPV say "this GT is the best/fastest car we will EVER release"?

I say bring em on.

·
Banned
363 Posts
jemmex said:
I dont see why its a "disgrace" or GT owners should feel cheated.

Everyone knows when they buy a new car that there will be a better one released later.

Should the buyers of the original XW GTs have felt gypped when they released the HO? Should Ferrari F50 owners havescreamed when the Enzocame out?

Its the way of the world.

I currently have a beautiful BA XTsports in my driveway. Should I scream blue murder when the BAII is released with improvements and goodies I dont have? With that attituted we would still be in model Ts.

Or did FPV say "this GT is the best/fastest car we will EVER release"?

I say bring em on.
I agree bring em on. So long as I can get about 30k trade on my GT in another 2 years time I will stay a happy man, should be no problems getting that no matter what they bring out, then I will be in the new model which will be better again. I will have already spent about 18 months enjoying my GT even before this is released so who cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts