Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne Gardner is set to return to regular V8 action next year with Stone Brothers Racing.
Gardner plans to combine another season in the high-tech Japanese GT championship with a limited local program in a third SBR Falcon.
SBR has secured additional backing from Caltex to fund Gardner, which will see him contest as many as six events- including the Bathurst 1000- in between his Japanese GT championship.
It is also believed that Gardner's car will be further supported by German energy drink company Dark Dog.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
You are the Guru of V8 Supercars infomation.

This is out of the blue, although Gardner is a very quick driver and quite capable of delivering good results.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam W said:
By the way where is JB going for next season?.
I'll put my money on OzEmail racing :s6:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Adam W said:
This is out of the blue, although Gardner is a very quick driver and quite capable of delivering good results.
Remember how fast he was at Bathurst 2000?

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
This I do not like, gardener may be fast, but he also likes to whinge a lot, I am not a big fan of seeing him in a falcon, and will not be supporting him

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
It'll be good to WG on a semi-regular basis & even better to see him in a Ford. I'll agree in the early days of his tiptop career he was a bit of a whinger but he was driving for GM then so was easy to ignore!! His time racing cars in Japan has really taught him some humility though & also bought along other aspects of his driving.
Hope he keeps his head straight for interviews though cause I'm pretty sure his Japanese ride is Esso sponsored!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I don't care if it's Wayne Gardner, Fozzie Bear or Mr Squiggle in the car so long as they win races in a Falcon. At the end of the day i want Ford out front.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
DONUT KING said:
This I do not like, gardener may be fast, but he also likes to whinge a lot, I am not a big fan of seeing him in a falcon, and will not be supporting him

Shame on you.......Gardner is a legend!!

·
1,610 Posts
Imagine Gardner and Skaife in the one team, oh what a time to be an employee of that racing team.:dead:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Space Lord said:
I don't care if it's Wayne Gardner, Fozzie Bear or Mr Squiggle in the car so long as they win races in a Falcon. At the end of the day i want Ford out front.
Here here.. Ford in front.. It'd make a nice change..

·
1,610 Posts
I know a class that we never lose in, its sweet the way ford always win. They seem to be unbeatable.

What was that, I'm watching Formula Ford, Oh now I see why we keep winning. :eek:o1:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TECordywanted said:
is this the same GMS00 that is at the conrod.com.au forums
Yes it is :s6:
Why?

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gardner will make his debut at the first round at the Clipsol 500 in Adelaide.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
yep, who cares who drives the car aslong as the ford badged cars noce is over the line before the lion.
My tip is Bowe to go over to Ozemail.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts