Ford Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
I've seen people replace the resonator with another resonator, repace it with a glass pack, and replace it with straight pipe the same diameter as the connecting pipe. I've never seen anyone step down in pipe size.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I replaced the resenator with a straight pipe I am looking to gain back pressure the cats I put on are magna flow the smaller pipe would be to get some back pressure and hopefully gain some MPG down to 11.6

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
What you are about to do makes no sense. Why add freer flowing cats just to restrict the exhaust further down??? You need a COT (cat over temp) ECM tune. Your ECM is sensing a malfunction and dumping fuel to prevent lean out damage to the engine and cat. You need to reprogram the ECM ANYTIME you make a major change to the air/exhaust flow map. I don't know where you live, but I have only found a few tuners who are worth their salt and you will need to find one who knows what he is doing, or risk major engine damage with your present mapping. E mail tuners are not the way to go. Find a tuner with a chassis dyno or find another tuner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I will buy that. Makes sense to me any idea where I can get that done. I have rebelt a few plastage them they stayed together. This computer stuff drives me nucking futs and thank you for the info

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Computers baffle me too! Like you, I am much more comfortable around a double-pumper, but the days of plug reading, changing jets, gapping points and setting timing are but a memory with us dinosaurs. Wish I could help with a tuner, but I live in SoCal where the state frowns on almost everything, especially modifying your car's emission programming. Therefore, the best tuner (with a chassis dyno no less) I know wishes to remain unknown to all but racer friends and still has more business than he can handle. Ask around at your local drag strip or drive-in on cruise night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Would a Ford dealer be a good place to go they started with the problem and I think thay did something to start itand this is Ohio

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ty for all the info if you think of anything else please let me know I will start looking for a place to tune it and have a Merry Christmas my friend

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
You are welcome. I am certain that is your problem and hope the info helps. There are plenty of hot rodders in Ohio (Ohio George Montgomery will always be remembered). Ask around, and a Merry Christmas to you too!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts