Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again. Looks like a repeat of last summer. I paid $1.67 for 93 octane yesterday. When I was on I-75 N. going from Albany,GA to Atlanta saw a Chevron station that was selling 93 octane for $1.75. I know that's pretty cheap compared to some place's but I still think it's high. What's the price where you live at ?

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Average in Alaska right now is 1.59, 1.69, and 1.79 for super. You would think that we would have cheaper gas prices in Alaska. But they do not refine the gasoline here so that's why we pay just as much as everyone else.. :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes gas prices are high all over or so it seems. We pay close to $1.00 Aus for one litre of fuel down here in Australia. Still not enough to buy a six though;)

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
ANGRY

The thing that pisses me off is that this supply problem has absolutely nothing to do with an actual shortage!

Those OPEC bastards decided not to refine as much crude oil, so the lower USABLE supply would raise the prices even higher.

The companies did this on purpose. There should be a day declared that no one in the USA, or even in several countries, buys ANY gas, to send those retards a message.

It's high time that Dubya started dropping some bombs on those a-holes, LOL;) They must think this is funny!

BTW, it's like$1.50- 1.80 here in MA

Later,

P

·
0 Posts
OHHH ohhh we are getting political now :CraZ: sheeesh
OPEC is doing this on purpose to drive the prices up. Its like any other industry, they also work on a supply-demand base. Cut the supply while demand stays the same ===> hello $1.79 gas... It sucks, but theres not much we can do about it. Nothing but well nothing... :(

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Being a citizen of oil rich Alaska, I keep up on these things, or at least try to. Bush is pushing ANWR for exploration and drilling. They are getting closer and closer to it becoming a reality. There is ALOT of oil yet to be drilled in Alaska, yet political BS is holding it all up. Once they open ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge) gas prices should drop. How much? Probably not a whole lot. I'd expect them to drop a good 10-20 cents a gallon. BUT this could be a few years from now. They have yet to explore and find drilling spots. And they would still have to built the platforms and so forth.

We'll see what happens. If they decide to drill for oil at ANWR, I personally think that it should be for USA only. But with this free-trade BS going on now, I'm sure that will get diluted into the market as well.

Ok I'll stop now.

Marc

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, even if the WHOLE EARTH stopped buying gas for a day, it would not hurt the gas/oil companies ONE BIT. They know that eventually everyone will run out of gas and have to come fill up anyways. GAS OUTS DONT WORK! Buying gas efficient vehicles, and limiting your trips around town does work however. Of course there are alternative fuel vehicles, but have you seen one yet that is as fun to tune and drive as a gasoline engine?

Oh yeah, I forgot to stop talking. Laters!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I was hoping that I never lived to see these Hybrid type cars. I will miss the sound of the good ol bent eight when it happens:gok:

T

·
0 Posts
bigbronco85
I dont want to start a war, or anything. but I did my time in the gulf war, after being trasnferred from point mugu in the states.
being with the electronic warfare directorate, we were part of a team that aided and helped you guy's in carpet bombing the leb's etc in iran. that was fun if anyone cared to remember we did drop bombs to wake up mr saddam, and to bomb the oil fields however, Mr Bush senior forgot to tell everyone he had actually bombed his own oil supply. I agree fuel prices are high, but I dont agree on bombing the fields. I do agree that not buying fuel for one day would put a slight impact on the supply, however this would need to be worldwide for an effect.

the other problem we have is this, in the states you guy's have to pump oil out of the ground. the arabs just turn a tap and the stuff flows. so its pretty easy to see who has the upper hand as far as pricing is concerned.
this is one war we wont win. and as saddam said this is a monetry war, not a war based on hate. just remember we bombed our own guy's when saddam ****in hussien tied them to the oil rigs...:fmad:

·
Bronco Member
62 Posts
Okay. I wasn't really aware of all the specifics of that stuff, considering I was 9 when it all happened!
Maybe we should just have all vehicles running on vegetable oil or something.....:CraZ: that should solve the problems, hehe.

Later,

·
Multi car member
19 Posts
:fmad: Gas here in Cary is 1.79 for cheap stuff, 2.09 for the 93, in chicago it is 1.89 for cheap,2.29 for 93. They are saying to expect 3.00 a gallon or a lot higher when our reformulated crap gets here next month. This will still not stop me from driving my crewcab 4x4 F-250 with its v-10, I bought it to waste gas not conserve it. I guess I am just a wasteful american !!!!!!!!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
What kind of gas mileage do you get from a V10!?

It can't be as low as my Durango 4.7L! It gets only 13/18!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
fordv10 said:
:fmad: Gas here in Cary is 1.79 for cheap stuff, 2.09 for the 93, in chicago it is 1.89 for cheap,2.29 for 93. They are saying to expect 3.00 a gallon or a lot higher when our reformulated crap gets here next month. This will still not stop me from driving my crewcab 4x4 F-250 with its v-10, I bought it to waste gas not conserve it. I guess I am just a wasteful american !!!!!!!!
Yes you may well be, but you are my type of guy:thumbup: :)

·
Multi car member
19 Posts
Vulcan, I am getting 10.3 mpg driving around town, thats because my right foot has a problem,every time I leave a stoplight,stop sign it automatically goes to the floor, I just love to hear that V-10 at 5500 rpms. I think the right footitis comes from driving my mustang, 6000 rpm shifts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts