Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where to start. I have a 2017 mustang Gt premium mustang. Standard equipped with a 3:15 gear ratio. 8.8” carrier, 34 spline. I took it to a trans/differential shop and got a phone call stating, “the top of the pinion head is rubbing on the carrier, this is the first time I’ve ever experienced this”. Everywhere said the 4:11 Yukon gears were compatible and for some reason they are not fitting. Anyone have a solution/ answer as to why I’m having this problem???

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
First off do you have a 6r or mt82? And do you know if the gears were bought for the s550 specifically? Though the rear still uses an 8.8” axle it’s not the same at the earlier models with the 8.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off do you have a 6r or mt82? And do you know if the gears were bought for the s550 specifically? Though the rear still uses an 8.8” axle it’s not the same at the earlier models with the 8.8.

I have a 6R80 and yes specifically I was very particular when I bought them via phone from Yukon.

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
I have a 6R80 and yes specifically I was very particular when I bought them via phone from Yukon.
Why are you installing new gears? 4.10s are wey too steep for a 6r80, the most people run are 3.31s. You’ll have issues with those gears so if you don’t need new gears don’t do them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts