Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Currently my ED XR8 is in peices (the heads are at 1 place, the block is on the garage floor, the manifold is in my boot etc etc)
Anyways... one of the many parts I need to replace is the timing chain, and timing chain case. I was thinking of getting a gear drive, but I am not sure if I will need a different timing chain case for this.

Does anyone know if the gear drive will clear it, or if not - where abouts I could get a case to suit a gear drive?

:)
Thanks
Kelli S

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cant get one anyway...

Oh well... turns out I cant get a gear drive to suit my car anyway..

Not sure if this is true or not, but I was told there are no gear drives on the market to suit a 302 that has roller rockers ??!!??

I didnt even know the type of rockers would make a difference...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to get the gear drive, cos I was told it would be better suited to the cam I bought ... plus they sound cool.

I already bought the timing chain and timing chain case today..

The reason I need this is a very long and painfull (and expensive) story... Short version is that the water pump corroded, sprayed water into the timing chain case, from there into the engine, and then my engine got cooked...

:-(

So far the bill for repairs (and mods... "may as well get some work done while the engine is apart") has just topped $3500...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the saga continues...

OK.. I dont think I will ever get my car back on the road...

The new timing chain and timing chain case arrived today. I was having a look at the case and I noticed it had a hole in the side. The mechanic didnt know what it was for..
"this isnt one for a carby 302 is it?" I asked..
"yeah -- that will be the hole for the fuel pump..."

so anyways - I was back on the phone to rocket to order the correct part. turns out they dont stock a timing chain cover for the EFI 302. :(

Called ford and they want over $700 for it!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can get one for around the $150 mark ?? (Repair bill has just hit $3800 and I dont have much money left)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.