Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
5,297 Posts
Re: cant get one anyway...

XR8chic said:
Oh well... turns out I cant get a gear drive to suit my car anyway..

Not sure if this is true or not, but I was told there are no gear drives on the market to suit a 302 that has roller rockers ??!!??

I didnt even know the type of rockers would make a difference...
I would say that is crap.The 5.0 Ford is as prolific as the 350 Chev and there is almost any part you want for them.Rockers make no difference.In my veiw the gear drive is probably not worth the hassle.The gear drive is more robust but the 5.0 has a roller cam and unless you are thinking of putting in a cam with real high lift and steep ramps then I would go with a good chain set.Why do you need a new timing chain case,is it damaged.The gear drives tend to keep cam timing accuracy for longer as well but small point.But if it is what you want then go somewhere else cause I'm sure you can get one. The gear drive should fit in the orig timing case but check with supplier.

·
Administrator
5,297 Posts
Oh hell that is bad luck with the engine.I see you have already got the chain set.It's a shame you didn't get what you wanted as I'm sure it could have been supplied.I think Crane or one of the cam manufacturers make them.Good luck with the rest of the rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.