Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wanting 6 gears!
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys my gear knob on my manual ea isn't that great and now its cross threaded and wont stay on. Im driving around with just the stick at the moment and it gets very hot if you leave it in the sun. Im wondering what other good gear knobs will fit... ba gt maybe? Also the rubber boot doesn't look very good im wondering if it can be replaced with a EB gt leather boot ? Are there any other good boots/knobs other then the rice stuff.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What colour is the interior? You could try one of the t-series leather momo gearknobs. You can get them in red/black, blue/black & if you look hard enough you could find the grey/black one. I have the grey/black one for my el & i got it from roman autotek in sydney.

·
wanting 6 gears!
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would ford sell them do you think ? Just my brother works for them so i can get a little discount :)

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
ss-gt said:
Would ford sell them do you think ? Just my brother works for them so i can get a little discount :)
Yes Ford sell them at their spare parts department. They will order them for you if they dont have them in stock.

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
EB GT boot fits straight in, pretty cheap also, and fits better than any universal boot that you might find. As for the knob, have a look at somewhere like auto barn to see if there is anything that you like.

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
the gear knobs from new falcons will fit. Genuine ford ones (made by MOMO) have a thread pattern but wont screw on. They do however have three threaded holes at the bottom so they can be screwed on like all other aftermarket gearknobs. However, the bottom part of the gear knob that goes over the rubber boot (the bit that screws on to the bottom of the gear knob and covers those three holes) wont fit due to the design of the gear stick (if don't understand what i mean let me know and ill take a photo of it in my car to explain). MOMO makes gear knobs that are pretty much identical to the ones used in the ba xr series and are a lot cheaper then the ones from ford.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
the EB GT boot looks great and costs about $21 retail from ford. Part number is
EDTVE 7277A ....

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
any ford spares dpt!

james

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
I'm going to be putting in a BA XR gear boot with the metal look ring thing at the bottom in the ol' crate. A little modification here and there and I will have something no one else has, and I got it for free! They are about $80 retail :)

Alex

·
waitin 4 swoop 2 catch up
479 Posts
is the EB GT Boot diffrent to those shit rubber ones that are in the EA???

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
The sure are, they are made of a soft black vinyl. I have one for sale at the moment, complete with console base if you are interested.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just pop into your local Autobarn or Supercheap, and pick up an aftermarket one. It would go great with the EB GT gear boot.

I currently have an Autotechnica gear knob, that is very similar to this one, (except the leather is black, not blue). It looks awesome IMO, and I've had no problems with it.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
FoxMulder

is that gear knob a threaded one?

James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts