Ford Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tempo- Rich and Meaty
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just spent $1200 on a new auto trans and I've got the goofiest problem. Sometimes when I put it into reverse, a short somewhere bumps the starter. It's only for a second no matter how long it's in reverse. It sounds like someone's trying to start the engine when it's already running. And my radio, tach, and everything else that turns of to give more juice to the starter turns off. I also don't have any reverse lights, which is kinda annoying in busy parking lots. I'm thinking that they screwed something up with the neutral start and or reverse light switches. Have you guys ever heard of this? I've got a warranty so I'm not worried about the cost.
Oh, and get this. I'm guessing I had a broken vaccum line before it got fixed b/c I had a problem with the climate controls, no matter what it only came out the floor and defroster. Everything works now, but now the cruise control doesn't work!! How retarded! I'm guessing they forgot to hook up one of the vaccum lines for the cruise. You would think better for $1200!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts