Ford Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, am working on a 62 Galaxie 500 base model, 4 DR. Has a 292 Y Block and came with generator. I pulled the generator and installed a 1 wire alternator. Read and watched several articles on the subject and looked easy enough. My problem now is that the GEN light stays on even when the keys are not in the ignition. The 1 wire from the alternator I ran to where two wires plugged into the A terminal on the voltage regulator. I completely removed the external regulator mounted behind the left front headlights. I also ran a wire to power the horn relay. That's it thinking I am all good, but my battery was not charging and output of the alternator was 14+V, so not seeing any way the output of the alternator was reaching the battery I installed a second wire on the one lug of the alternator and ran it to the battery side of the starter relay, my charging problem was solved but now it looks as though I have a constant 12V from the battery going to the GEN light that keeps it on. I am at a loss of how to keep my GEN light working while also making sure the battery gets charged. Appreciate any feedback that might help me out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts