Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best mate ever and the best thing in my life died today. I'm half way around the world crying my eyes out. I'm sorry but I had to tell someone - words are beyond me right now on what this guy meant to me.

Pete

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mate, may there be bones to chew and cats to chase. Hugs and kisses, butt rubs, belly rubs, and huge fields to run in.

Love Pete

Attachments

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
AP - In September, we had to make the decision to put Odie, our Shepherd X, "to sleep". She had been sick for about 3 months with a combination of alzheimer type illness (she nearly bit my hand off one day whern I went to pat her - she just didn't know who I was) as well as some sort of spasms and fits - almost like epilepsy.

Even though she was 11 years old, it was the hardest thing I have to do in my 34 years so far. I shed a tear or two, and still go into the back yard every now and then expecting to see her.

At 5 years old I'm guessing General did not die of natural causes. That has to be hard.

Anyway, sorry to hear about General - perhaps he and Odie will play together in the "big park in the sky" (where running off leash is allowed)!

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
That's sad news AP. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it and I hadn't even met him or you. He was a beautiful example of the breed and I know how companionable he would have been.

All I can say is my thoughts are with you, safe travelling and take care of yourself.

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Sad news indeed AP. Brings tears to my eyes and I hadn't met him or yourself. The bond between man and a great dog is an indescribable thing. Our thoughts are with you. Safe journey back and in the meantime don't forget to take good care of yourself.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Mate my feelings go out to you AP. Nothing worse than to loose ya best mate. So I'm pretty sure you have decided to get yourself another dog mate. Can I ask what he died of mate.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
AP, although it is hard, try to reflect on happy memories when your mind wonders to the subject of your lost mate rather than the fact that he is no longer here now.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss mate. Losing a good friend is never easy, but I'm sure he's enjoying a romp in the paddock as we speak. And being their nature, I'm sure he's grinning from ear to ear

All the best

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Pete I am really sorry to hear of your loss :eek:hman: :BW:
I am dreading the day when I take my dogs to the vet and he recommends them to be sent to a 'better' place (Labrador X 13 years old, German Shep 12 years old).

May General rest in peace....

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
That's terrible news AP.

I'd be beside myself too in your situation, my thoughts are with you mate.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
RIP, faithful hound...

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Pete. Animals such as these are much more than pets - they are family and like you said, best mates.

RIP General.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Always a sad occasion - we know it's going to happen one day but we're never ready when it does.

Russ

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Really sorry to hear it mate, one of the things i look forward to most is comin home to play with my boy and then kickin back on the couch with him while he tries to beat me in a snoring contest. Sympathies to ya mate

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sorry to hear about the passing of General. I still remember when we got the phone call while on holidays telling us that Tiny, our beloved Pyrenean Mountain dog, passed away in her sleep. I know that General gave you as much love and happiness in his 5 short years that Tiny gave us in her 12 years. Rest assured that he will always be with you in mind and spirit.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts