Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for getting a GT, but i wanted to know what not-too-costly performance upgrades are possible. What is out there that'll give me the most bang for the buck under$500? Under $1000? Oh yeah, is the probe an american front wheel drive???

·
Gear Masta
19 Posts
What year... if it is 1st Gen Turbo i cant help you... if it is V6 scond Genn. then.....

Build your or Cold Air INtake
Catback by Borla (350-400)
Headers (200-500)
Coned Throttle Body(100-150)
50-75 shot NOS (400-600)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely looking at 93-97. Do you know which one of those you mentioned are road legal? This'll probably end up being a pretty daily driver if i get a GT.

BTW, any major probs in general about the GT? Would you recommend it or should i look elsewhere?

·
Gear Masta
19 Posts
All should be street leagal..... Gt is a good car... they have always been undervalued... onyl problems are squeaks and rattles, fit and finish wasnt the best but it is my favorite car yet and its my 5th

Ben

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
of that list, nitrous and headers are NOT street legal unless you live in a city, state, or county that does not have any emissions regulations.

in CA, even having a cold air intake (CAI) can get you a 'fail' upon inspecting, as can some exhaust systems. our emissions laws are among the toughest in the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts