Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got some parts i am going to sell to change to a full windsor setup.

Boss 302 genuine ford intake manifold - $800 ono

302 2V cleveland heads. Ported and polished, cc'd as spec'd by engineer. Completely rebuilt incl hardened valve seats. Like new. I was expecting over 500hp from the engine, so they flow a very large capacity. Comes with all valves & rocker gear. $1200 ono

I also have A brand new set un-opened in the box of performance brand double valve springs, collets and retainers suit 2v cleveland- $230 ono

Around my garage i have some other crap too

16 rods and pistons from 302 w's. (2 sets) One @ 40-thou over and one std bore.
Windsor exhaust manifolds
2bbl intake manifold
All rocker gear.
2 302 Windsor crankshafts - one in PC, one In VGC - $80, and $60.
302 windsor heads complete - hi-compression bellied ones. Have potential for port work to get hi compression and flow rate. Need to be done up. $150

Lotsa other crap i dont need. Buy some of the above and i may chuck some of whats on the list in for free.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the rods and pistons are put of windsor blocks, they are not lumpy boss pistons and rods.

Make me an offer on a set - as i said there is one set 40 tho over, and one std bore.

Blake.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do also have all the windsor pushrods, and cleveland ones out of the worked heads - but i'd prefer they be sold with the heads.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
about the springs, have u got more info on them, like pressures size etc, and the collets retainers too please.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The heads are 2v cleveland ones. Yeah all the valves are there - cleaned and all. For some reason when i bought them there are 2 brand new valves in there, and the rest are used and cleaned..weird!
Stock 2v size though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I may be interested in the 302 Heads, I have a 302 cleveo with and need to replace the Timing chain, I can just throw your head on my engine without needing anything right? (Not very knowledgable in engines or V8's for that matter) I know more about imports lol...

What would be the effects if I put your heads on my engine?
Standard 302 I think.. And would I still need a timing chain... I would wouldn't I? and the cam from my old engine?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The heads are standard 2v size valves. And ports also. So you can use your existing manifolds without any problems. Valves being standard means you wont have to flycut your pistons either. So in theory yes they will bolt straight on. And i have the rocker gear to go with them.
The work i have had done to them is port polish (smooths the ports and takes out any casting lumps) And actually combustion chamber modifications for greater capacity, and more power. I was intending to get aroung 500hp using these heads.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
You say you were intending to pull around 500 hp... Were the heads actually flow tested to give you an estimate of what they are capable of?
And also, who did the work to the heads? What sort of rocker gear is on them???

Tim

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually saw a set of the same heads for sale at a stall yesterday, and they flowed 480hp. They were still a little rough in the ports and chambers needed more work though. So mine should flow at least that.
My engineer (John white racing in qld) Marked out the heads chambers with a jig he uses on all his racing engines, which generally are 5-600hp things. A qualified Friend of mine from an engineering shop has ground them out and polished them according to the jig and made the ports smooth. All work was done in a clean engineering workshop.

I'm not going to explain the work done to the chambers - if you want a picture of it then let me know, and you can compare them to a stock chambered head.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Yeah a pic would be good thanks, can you also tell me what rocker gear is on them... send pics to
[email protected]

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pic sent...i "think" they have std rocker gear. i was given the heads, and a box full of the rocker arms and the like which were out of them. Pushrods included.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Guy's you are asking all the wrong questions !!! Is this Inlet manifold really a "genuine" item??? Genuine Ford 302 Boss inlet manifolds , from the USA or Canada ??? around 1969 - 1970 were factory casted with the 'big Port' 4V style ports , the same size as the XW , XY and early XA Falcon GT 351 Cleveland 4V ports . Many Aftermarket 302 Boss Inlet Manifolds available in Australia sold new in the last decade or so , from Rare Spares at one stage , are cast with the 'Small Port' 4V or 2V size !!!! The difference between these port sizes is very substantial .... Heavy or Maximum Ported 'Small Port' 4V or 2V Heads cannot be matched to 'Big Port' 4V size. So any 'Genuine' Ford 302 Boss inlet Manifold will only ever properly suit Genuine 302 Boss Heads or Modified 'Big Port' 4V Cleveland Heads!!! Any 302-351 Cleveland Head will physically bolt on a Windsor as long as the Head Studs are the correct size , but incorrect or inadequite head porting will force the fuel to "climb a step" or "speedhump" into the heads dramatically reducing efficiency and performance !!! Also any Cleveland Heads correctly modified to suit Windsor , will no longer suit a Cleveland as some water galleries etc will no longer line up ... So were any Windsor Mods , Water Galleries... etc done to these Heads ???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts