Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geoff's New Job

Hey guys,

This afternoon we released a statement advising our employees, our dealers, and the media that I have accepted a job in Ford of Europe and will be leaving Australia towards the end of March.

I've enjoyed my time at Ford Australia immensely but the opportunity in Europe is too good to be true. We have announced my replacement in the same communication. His name is Tom Gorman and he is currently the General Sales Manager at Ford Division in the US. Tom is a long term car guy who will do a great job.

I'll still be around for a few weeks but I thought you would want to know before you read it in the papers.

Geoff

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Re: Geoff's New Job

Sad to see you go, we will enjoy Tom's presence on the forums as we have enjoyed yours.

Good luck with the new position, so you taking a FPV GT with you.

Jason

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts

Geoff, Congratulations on your appointment and best of luck! :clap:

·
2,922 Posts

Whoa, thats big news.

I hope you enjoy as much success overseas as you have here. Thanks for your distinguished service to the Ford community, I am sure everyone appreciates it as much as I have. All the best in your new quest!

Cheers... Tim

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts

Firstly Congrats on your new position GP, Secondly lets hope that Tom Gorman is capable of continuing your hard work in furthering Ford Aus.......

ps - How bout sending some of the HIGHER performing Fords that Europe has to offer our way instead of just the boring ones......

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts

Certainly a surprise for me. It'll be a sad day for Ford Aus to see you go.

I'm sure Tom will be capable of filling your shoes. :thup: Good luck!

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Geoff, you will be sorely missed you have truely done wonders for Ford Australia. So are you going to get free weekly flights to see the Sydney Swans play AFL??? :)

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Congrats Geoff. All the best in Europe. Hopefully you can make Ford Europe as successful as you have here in Aus. Its sad to see you go :(

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Wow, I;m only 22 and I am beginning my New Vehicle Sales career on Monday morning at Power Ford in Castle Hill, Sydney!!! Sad to see me starting into the company with Uncle Geoff leaving! You've been great Mr Polites and to see what you've done to the company in order to turn it around. It's thanks to you that I'm working for Ford, now that things are getting really exciting and I have dreamt of aiming for DP or higher in my lifetime so I guess now there's a spot to filll. Shame I don't have a little more experience!!! Make sure you take the GT with you and hunt after Peter Hanenberger in his black Monaro on the German Autobahns... keep at him even in his retirement!!!

Cheers,
Matt Wright

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Congratulations Geoff ... I hope all goes well in Europe and I also hope that Tom actually is as enthusuastic as you are about your product.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Cheers Geoff, thanx for direction you have steered Ford Aus in while'st being in charge and hopefully it will continue to head in the right direction. We have a great range to build upon so hopefully it will happen.
Any hot tips ya can leave with us on what we are gonna see in the future that will make us jump up n down with excitment?
Cheers.....Nath

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
Congrats Geoff... you will certainly be missed in Australia as you made every Ford man and woman proud with your work. All the best with Europe and hopefully head of Ford worldwide eventually ;-) Every time I see a BA I'll grin and think of you and all the great people that were behind it.

Thanks again mate, all the best.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Hey Geoff,
Real sorry to lose you! We have swapped emails and i have shaken your hand "at teh track" a couple of times and I have always had the greatest repect for you as a person and as a business man and "car guy".

I think the way you have "turned around Ford OZ inthe last few years with the BA and the Territory and the racing program deserves a standing ovation. Obviously some people at head office noticed!

Kick Arse in Europe mate. and dont forget to look for niche for Falcons and Territories in Europe. And make sure this septic is Innoculated in "Falcon-ism" before you go, we dont want any half baked weird US car based "Falcon replacements" mooted in the next few years.

Thanks for making the BA that sits so proudly in my driveway

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I would like to say a big CONGRATS as to what you have achieved with Ford and especially Ford Motorsport. As part of the main stays that is th XR club of QLD, you have showed us the great things Ford is and will be doing in the future.

Again, Congrats on the position and I hope you and your family enjoy your stay.

Corey

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hey Geoff good luck mate, I expect to hear about Falcons going on sale in Europe :) Please let Tom know we all want a supercharged V10 GTHO really really badly Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee...........I'll be your best friend!!!! haha and nudge him on the Expedition too....

Take care, and dont forget us Aussies when you follow Jack Nassers footsteps to CEO of the corporation!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts