Ford Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what Geoff had to say about the trip in his Team Talk...

October 4, 2001

Hello everybody. This morning I had the pleasure of meeting some of Australia’s most one-eyed Ford fans. They are all members of the Ford Forum website chat room and they are in the middle of the definitive tour of Ford. All in all, more than 40 people are on the tour, which takes in Geelong, the Discovery Centre, Broadmeadows and Tickford. So far they have visited the Engine and Stamping Plant, Product Engineering, the Ford Discovery Centre and Broadmeadows Plant One. I know it can be an overused word, but these people truly are passionate about everything to do with the blue oval. To give you an idea of just how passionate, they originally only planned to visit the Discovery Centre – it’s now a five-day extravaganza. The tour will end with the Bathurst Street Party in Geelong on Sunday. Since I came back to Ford, I’ve logged on to the Ford Forum website on a regular basis and chatted to these people, so it was fantastic to be able to put a face to some of the names. It was also a great opportunity to find out what makes people loyal to a brand – what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. It really was an invaluable experience, and a great gee-up for the race on the weekend.

Cool:cool:

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Isn't it impressive to see a company where the absolute top of the top brass take the time and honest interest in hearing what the average individual consumer has to say.

Hats off you you Mr Polites, it's that kind of interest and keen dedication to your products and their consumers that will continue to see Ford head onwards and upwards.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Your a Legend Geoff. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
that is just so sweet - as in SWEEEEET!

i mean, meeting Geoff was such a thrill for me! and he's such and easy bloke to talk to! just like one of us! next time we're down, maybe he should join us for a cruise, pub crawl or something! hehe :)

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Goodonya geoff. Your a Champ. Unfortunatly i wasnt able to attend but im hoping next year there will be something similar to this. Although ive visited the ford plant where my mate works and ive been to the discovery centre a few times it would still be good to go to broady and tickford, and esp to meet up with so many poeple who are all as didicated to the blueoval as I am.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
laminge said:
I've got a tear in my eye!

and no its not a sparkle Mike!
Are you sure mate?? I'm still finding a few!! :eek:

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
When is the next trip gonna happen?? AND PLEASE dont make it bathurst weekend (or any other V8 Supercar race weekend)

I REALLY REALLY wanted to go, but couldnt pass up the offer of the free tickets, and lap around bathurst!!

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
XR8chic said:
When is the next trip gonna happen?? AND PLEASE dont make it bathurst weekend (or any other V8 Supercar race weekend)

I REALLY REALLY wanted to go, but couldnt pass up the offer of the free tickets, and lap around bathurst!!
I don't know when next years event might be... Mr Sparkle has to take me out for a couple of drinks before I can even start thinking about it.

:cool:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discovery said:

I don't know when next years event might be... Mr Sparkle has to take me out for a couple of drinks before I can even start thinking about it.

:cool:
Hey what are you doing at home, you should be out raging????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts