Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Great thanks! I have always wondered about the history, and now I know that it's CLEAN as clean can be!

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always liked those year Capri's! So hard to come by these dayz. Can you even find parts?

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
sure you can!

that car has the same engine as the '74-'78 mustang II (even the 2800 v6) and the same year pinto.

most of the working parts are the same as well. you can still find them in junkyards, so body parts aren't too hard to come by.

·
A-Team Member
263 Posts
erg

My car has a very sad history....

i bought it with 42,661 June 2000

that makes me owner #6

·
Probe GT Member
94 Posts
I don't own that one anymore. Too bad, it was my favorite!
Go to my Capri page at http://www.geocities.com/adria-amber/capri.html for a look at my current Capri.
Yes you can get parts. Performance stuff is rare but can be found. Yes the M II came with the same engine but so did the Pinto and the Ranger and Explorer. The 4.0 is an updated and bored and stroked version of the same block. I know someone who has a 4.0 in a '74 Capri with a T-5 behind it. I'm putting a T-5 behind mine too.
Barry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
QuadCam_GT
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing