Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally got some specific goals in mind for my car :) To get the 0-100km/h figure in under 7 seconds - aiming for mid 6s! I also want it to pass the 1/4 mile in 14.5 or lower.

Now I have no idea how silly or stretched my aims are, but I want to get some opinions anyway. What sort of KW/Nm figures should be good for my aims?

Firstly, if my sources are correct the EBII & ED XR6 hit 100km/h in 7.5 seconds. True? I don't have 1/4 mile figures, but if someone could dig them up, I'd really appreciate it. Now I realise the diff is shorter (3.45) and they have a different cam, but what else is there (besides suspension etc)?

My first ideas are: most obviously a full exhaust system, followed by 3.7/3.9 (pref. 3.7s) diff gears and a new cam. What else would come next?

I suppose if this doesn't do the job, I'll either save for a supercharger (I'd prefer this route as opposed to turbo charging, why I don't know!) or end up buying another car.

I'd love to have a sleeper cracking into 13s, but isn't that the minimum for all of our dreams?

By the way, currently the car is stock and using the good ol' four-speed slush box.

Long live my dreams!

Cheers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
keep the auto, get 4.11's shift kit 2700 stall converter jmm dev-3hl and there u have it

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
XRated - how driveable etc do you want the car, 4.11's will limit you to 80k's or you will be doing way to many revs down the freeway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
neva got the chance to take it down the quarter as now its a write off as u all know arrrrgggh well to give u an indication of how it went:(dragging up to around 130-140)
1. R33 skyline gts turbz: 2 carlengths
2. VK group a ss : 3 carlengths
3. ED xr6 manual : 3 carlengths
4. BA xr8 auto : even
5. vp clubbie : 2 carlengths
6. smashing into a vl on the other side on the road : priceless!!!!!!!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jason, you're right. I should mention that I want the car to be a comfortable daily-driver at this stage. I want it to be capable of 120km/h without too much strain on the engine etc. That is why I would prefer to go 3.7s.

EDFPV-6, that's my aim: to comfortably take out R33 GTS-Ts ;)

I've considered the Mock kits, but I am a little bit sceptical, although the Autospeed review was very positive. I'm not too sure whether I should source parts myself or get a kit...

·
Registered
102 Posts
with a dev3-hl u wont be making 150rwks let me tell u maybe 140 if ur lucky 4.11's aint to bad at 100 kays 2250rpm on the tacho so its not as bad as ppl tell u trust me its the best with 4.11's especially if its auto nad get a real shift kit not one of those dodgy homemade electronic ones that i havve seen somewhere on these forums b4

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Isnt there an EA on this site that has run mid 14s with very little work?

I think all you'll need is a 5speed, exhaust, extractors, cold air and a cam of some sort.
I think a too short of a diff in a manual wont actual give you quicker 1/4 mile times as you'll need to make an extra gear change into 4th. 3.23 or 3.45 would be as high as id go.

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Martin said:
Isnt there an EA on this site that has run mid 14s with very little work?

I think all you'll need is a 5speed, exhaust, extractors, cold air and a cam of some sort.
That'd be quickcorty ;)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Bass Crazy's car run's 14's
as does Stok EB's :)

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hmm, where did I get the figure for the XR times?! I've just found an article comparing the XR6, XR8, Commy S and SS. The XRs took 9.4 to 100km/h according to Wheels (not sure what issue this is). The 1/4 mile recorded for both XRs is 16.9 seconds. Is it possible and feasible to knock three seconds off that time in N/A form?

Something to aspire anyhow.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Manual, exhaust, EF intake, and head work. Mine runs 0-100 in about 8 ATM (no head work), Matt's is much quicker but we haven't measured it properly yet :) Oh he also has a 3.45 diff.
When we finish painting it and put it back together we'll know :hehe: :driver:

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
XR6 MANUAL ran 0-100 in about 7.5iirc. Stock EF/L's did 0-100 in mid 8's so manual would see it to flat 8.

You want 0-100 in 6.5. Get a post EA T5, 3.45 LSD, Ported head, Wade cam, full exhaust. Easy ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
New BA XT does 0-100 in 7.3 sec in manual form. Wouldnt take much for those babies to get into serious six second zone. These cars are so underrated for what they are.

Cant wait to see a TWIN CAMMER in an E series or XF. How about it XRATED?

Pete

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You pay for all the expenses, and I will welcome my ED to be the test mule!!

Just out of curiosity, what do the BA XTs do in auto?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
XRated said:
Hmm, where did I get the figure for the XR times?! I've just found an article comparing the XR6, XR8, Commy S and SS. The XRs took 9.4 to 100km/h according to Wheels (not sure what issue this is). The 1/4 mile recorded for both XRs is 16.9 seconds. Is it possible and feasible to knock three seconds off that time in N/A form?

Something to aspire anyhow.
That article they were all Autos.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure Wheels got a manual EB XR6 to run a 15.2 sec 1/4.

·
Yes, fords still kick
668 Posts
I think you will need more than 150 rwkw to say goodbye to a well driven R33 Gts-t, these things ran low 14's stock in manual form, and there aren't many around that would be stock these days. You best bet IMHO is what a few guys said, 5 speed, 3.45 diff. exhaust, intake, extractors, cam, head work and maybe chip torque or unichip. In that order. Or take it out to JMM and see if they can help you out. To get that quick it won't be cheap though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Do the BBM conversion, I just started a thread about it, i will put in more detail when im not so tired.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts