Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gets oil stains off cement? The driveway is looking a little worse for wear after the car had a minor oil leak (which has been fixed), and Ive tried a bottle of degreaser stuff I got from Bunnings to no effect.

Any particular brand or mix that will get it off?

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Stain the lot, then it is all one colour and doesn't "look" stained!

How old are the stains??

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stains no older than 1 week, not very big but just enough to annoy!

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Shell sell ( or used to) Teepol, which worked really well. Many moons ago I worked at a servo, and we were removing oil stains all the time. Teepol Gold (I think it was) did wonders and you couldn't tell where the stain was.

·
Happy lil Vegemite
188 Posts
heres a remedy/recipe for you from www.concrete.net.au

Q:

How do I remove oil stains from my concrete driveway?

A:

Oil and grease stains can be difficult to remove completely because they penetrate the concrete surface rapidly. If an oil spill occurs, stop it spreading by encircling with sand, dirt or sawdust. Soak up as much surface oil or grease as possible with an absorbent cloth or powder. Cover residue stain with a poultice made of 1 part lime to 2 parts mineral turpentine. Spread a 5mm layer of the paste over the stained area ensuring a margin of 50 to 100mm around edges. Cover with plastic sheeting and leave for 24 hours. Remove cover and scrape off the powder. It may be necessary to repeat this process again within a day or so. Scrub with warm water and detergent then rinse with clean water at the end of the treatment.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i can tell you a quick way its called a high pressure gerni,yes it works wonders..
dab some turps and degreaser together leave for 5-10 mins then high pressure it off..

never failed me..

·
Registered
177 Posts
someone told me that phenyl ( wheelie bin cleaner) gets it off well
and its at any supermarket
never tried it though..
cheer cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts