Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Here is my EF Falcon.

Ive had it since i got my licence. Lowered it (pedders sportz rider) and put the Tickford XR ( TOYO Proxes T1-s 225x50 tyres) wheels on it the day i bought it.

Other mods (before last week) were

custom 2.25' sports exhaust with one straight through muffler on it.
Shaved the head down to minimum (for compression)
Windows are tinted 20% F1 tint
K+N air filter

It blew another head gasket so i decided to do a re build.

So i am nearly finished that.

Ive got the Crow performance cam, with the timing gear kit
having block + head bored out and 20thou oversized silicon ACL pistons.

will be interesting to see how it goes

Attachments

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
have a look in the market section. there was a XR6 engine there for sale. This would be a headstart for you with all those mods. Keep the other one 4 a spare!

·
Powered by HAD
1,328 Posts
I feel for ya with the blown gaskget... Had to replace mine less than a week after i bought it. Might be worth oversizing and polishing valves and ports, and getting set of extractors to let it breathe while your at it. How does the cam go, i'm thinkin of getting one later down the track.

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i have a set of genie extractors. They are quite good (u can sorta see them in the removing engine pics).

AS far as porting + polishing goes, i dont know if its really worth it, but ill let you know how the mild mods that i am actually doing turn out. Ill see if i cant get a dyno printout to post too =).

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Hey that looks good luke, cant wait to see it when you get the engine back in

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i believe u r right :)

Im not at all impressed with the ride quality of the pedders though. Although they are nice and low and look the part.

·
Australian EB XR6 Member
54 Posts
damm
my last car was an ea s pack and I lowered it and the ride was totally crap. Actually it was real bad. I just bought and eb xr and I want to lower it, I thought pedders might be the answer maybe not.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
PEDDERS

GOOD STUFF, had them in all my cars. You have to go for the whole package though, eg if you only put the lowered springs in it wont handle as good as if you put the shocks / swaybar / bushes in as well.

Like anything i spose, you get what you pay for. It cost over $1100 to put the pedders in my EB! well worth it though.

·
Australian EB XR6 Member
54 Posts
Thanks for the info I might check them out. You seem to have answered my problem twice I had the same question on the xr club under a different name so thanks

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Pedders: Shonky Advice, Loaded with Bull

There are better springs/shocks that the Pedders stuff. Kings, Lovells & Whiteline for springs (Eibach if you've extra $$) and Koni, Bilstein or KYB for shocks.

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Venom, i completley agree!

Pedders are the cheaper alternative. I did shocks, springs, bushes, camber castor kit ... not sway bars, but they wouldnt imrove ride quality. I got them really really cheap, and did it all myself, so im not complaining as far as price goes.

From what ive heard, for our beloved fords, koni shocks are probably the best option. They are expensive though. Im not 100% sure Eibach make springs for falcons? i hope they do. A friend of mine has an audi which he lowered with Eibach's and they are very, very impressive!.

And believe it or not the best combination ive felt in a falcon (was an ED) was koni shocks with king springs! I was under the impression king were cheap and nasty, but this gave a firmer ride than my car (ie cornering) without the very bumpy / jolty ness.

BUT i guess it all comes down to personal opinion and what your used to (and tyre profile too i guess), a lot of my friends are impressed by my set up.

·
Currently in Brasil
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah and only for the 6 too. Pity that! My brother has a TE50 which he is looking at lowering a touch, and i think Eibach would suit it nicely as far as ride quality goes.

Incidentally im going to Winton for a club day soon with him, and some of his friends with hot fords. Ill post pics from that no doubt, if you're all interested :)

PS anyone else here going?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts