Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

Just a couple of questions for ya regarding the Gibson Team.

1.)
Has anyone got the picture of all the merchandise available for the team? I remember someone posting it on either this forum or the other one. Could anyone who has it please e-mail it to me at : [email protected]

2.)
Is Ford Craig's sponsor for the year or longer now? I remember hearing that they would be the sponsor only for the AGP. I Would like to see him gain some more sponsors. His team shirt looks a bit plain if you know what I mean.

Then again, then we would probably loose that paint scheme! You cant win!

I wil be at the Barbagallo and Calder rounds this year.

Regards
Tim/Perth

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I've heard that Ford are underwriting the operation until they get on their feet with sponsorship...
Which begs the question... Where the christ are the sponsors??... This team are winners... For god's sake corporate Australia, pull your finger out and get your name on the side of these cars!!... :eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
In Craigs own word it does look like the car will remain in its current paint scheme for a while yet.

T

·
0 Posts
they have my permission to use my face on the back of the car. here skaifey, skaifey....:evil:

speaking of sponsorship our company has just purchased a portion of the sydney kings basketball team. "wip-de-fkn-doo".
gotta speak to my boss and pump some sense into his head. car racing 1 basketball -0

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Sponsorship negotiation isn't that easy. It may be a case of the asking price being very high. In that case the business proposal to the sponsoring company would be a hard call. These big dollar decisions take time so we'll have to wait and see.

T

·
0 Posts
as the new south wales state manager for my company, sponsorship works a little bit like this.

SENARIO 1 Basic

There is an offer from company A to company B to have company A's name plastered on something.
company B replies with terms and conditions, depending on wether money and or product is at stake. This dictates size of sponsorship, how much space it will take up and where the space shall be.
In the case of motor racing, the front, back and sides of the car are the most sought after...why.....simple, thats what you look at when you veiw the race. Negotiations are then taken up with television stations and radio networks to ensure that company A's product or name of product is seen or heard on average at least 50 times per race. The bigger the space the bigger the price, the better the advertising that is generated by television or radio.

Guess what, you ALSO help pay for this through your ticket purchases when you enter Eastern Creek. Sorta makes you feel good inside, knowing you just helped HRT, ay guy's

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies/info guys.
Im now just basically after information on merchandise (hats/shirts etc). I remember seeing a picture of all the merchandise somewhere but cant recall where. Anyone got this picture and/or any other merchandise info?

Regards
Tim/Perth

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Tim Contact discovery. Start a new thread or on the links section of this site I posted the discovery link. From memory it is www.discovery.ford.com.au.

Felicity said a while back that they can get all the team merchandise and at the same time you will be helping the centre. Or unless I was dreaming;)

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
HSE2 is right Tim. I don't have a scanned pic of the merchandise. Our website is pretty basic at the moment and doesn't have any of the merchandise on it. I will try to get pictures for you and will either send them to you or post them here. We can get any or all of the range and all funds go towards preserving Ford's history. ... oh yeah, keeps me in a job too :p

I will contact you when I get the brochure scanned.

:cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Oops! Just found the pics on the old thread for you Tim. Go to the bottom of the topics page and click on page 4 the merchandise pics are on there.

If you don't have any luck, let me know.

:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Tim_EF_5.0
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing