Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was just wondering if anyone has had problems with a Gilmore drive set up on a Cleveland. I’ve snapped two alternators now and am thinking of going to a v belt set up.
Does anyone know who makes a good alternator bracket set up ?
thanks Gary

·
Administrator
5,225 Posts
Are you snapping the bracket or the alternator. I guess the gilmore is so wide its putting extra leverage out the front of the alternator pulley and the extra load is causing trouble.
Is the belt being over tensioned?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lance thanks for the reply
I’ve snapped 1 bolt in the head once.
Then I fixed that and next I snapped the alternator next which was a Aeroflow alternator. I thought it might have been a cheap shit alternator so next time I used a msd alternator and have snapped that as well at the bolt hole housing. Belt tension was very loose last time around cause I thought that might have helped but same shit again.
would love to know what other setups there are for a water pump, alternator belt setup.
Motor revs to 7,500 rpm

·
Administrator
5,225 Posts
Hi Gary
It does seem a bit strange. I havn't heard of alternator or bracket breakages being a problem on clevelands. I'm wondering if one of the pulleys may not be running true or has a wobble and causes a vibration.

As its a Cleveland I think there is probably quite a bit of aftermarket stuff available for water pump and alternator especially out of USA

These supply brackets in Aus and may offer some answers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts