Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I discovered a minor oil leak when my car was on a hoist a couple of weeks ago so I booked it in to be fixed as well as having the boot around the shifter replaced ( torn ) at the same time (two birds , one stone). Turns out to be a Sump Gasket leak. Dropped the car off at the dealer on Monday morning 8:00 and wont be getting it back until late arvo tomorrow. Thats 2-3 days for a freakin gasket! They do the right thing and give me a loan car to keep me moving so I think ok not so bad , check this out : Festiva , Auto , No power anything , WTF is this!! smashed up windscreen buggered seat belts , dirty as a wh*%e. Not freakin happy about this.Whaddya reckon ?? :AAHHH: :rant: :bp: :rant: :AAHHH:

Cheers, Ray.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
thats harsh man, i wouldve told em to stick the festiva......
GIMME A REAL CAR GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
LOL at phantom, at least it'll make ya appreciate ya XR8 even more when ya get it back!!!!

Would have thought the Festiva would hardly be road worthy with a windscreen like that!!

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
laminge said:
ROFL Clasic

At least its got fuel in it!
Had to tip some in the mongrel of a thing tonight!!!!!

Cheers, Ray.

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
Ray, hang on to it and bring it to Calder on Friday!

Front wheel drive for the burnout comp! Handbrake on, right foot down...........further.............further, that's it all the way down!

When you're done, leave the f$%king piece of sh*t there and just tell 'em where it is when you pick up the baby!

Seriously, I'd be tellin' 'em to give you a car that's at least roadworthy!

Mark

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
I had the same problem with my I6, had a leak around the sump gasket, they fixed it without taking the motor out and it only took half a day. No more leaks neways.

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
phantom, that Festiva as others have said is unroadworthy, and the seat belts!, mate, I wouldn't have driven off in that car if it was me that's for sure. Did you sign any agreement on that car? anyway, you will have your car back this afternoon so not too bad, but still, I think you should let service center know that's not on.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
That's bull Sh!T the car you are given should be roadworthy, when i drop my XR8 off at the dealer's, i am given a Ford Focus or a Falcon XT free, or optional pay extra $25 to reduce insurance excess..

·
"HSV" Who Would Want One?
110 Posts
phantom said:
Well I discovered a minor oil leak when my car was on a hoist a couple of weeks ago so I booked it in to be fixed as well as having the boot around the shifter replaced ( torn ) at the same time (two birds , one stone).

Cheers, Ray.
I don't know if this has been talked about before but i also have a torn shifter boot.
Is this a common problem?

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
Let me guess, you took it to Harrisons ?

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
BADXR8UTE said:
I don't know if this has been talked about before but i also have a torn shifter boot.

VERY VERY VERY common - and its a warranty item... just give your service center a heads up as it can take a few weeks to order (back order) if they don't have any in stock

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I think the condition of many loan cars owes a lot to the idiots who treat them in some of the ways people describe above. I know I treat a loan car as if it was my own and wherever possible wash it and fill it up on return.

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GT BLOKE said:
Let me guess, you took it to Harrisons ?

Yes Scott, Wish I had another choice that was handy.

Cheers, Ray.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Mate

Tell them you have been on Fordforums, get a copy of this thread and give it to them telling that most of the big boys at ford HQ read this forum

They should be ashamed of themselves

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
I usually use Sunford, haven't been for a while though. Will let you know after the XR8 has it's first service.

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
BADXR8UTE said:
I noticed a few little small holes in the boot when getting a new shifter, but it's not that bad and cant be seen when the boot is in place properly. Wont bother getting it replaced till it gets gaping big holes in it

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ROFLMFAO:about the crappy loan car but 2 days for such a little job,gezz..
but yeah tell em the fordforums now have hold of this n better give you a better car,which by looking at how old the thread is you should have your car back..
LOL
hope she's driving well from here on in..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts