Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread over on Conrod claim AA ran a story saying there was friction in the camp and that Fred may be on the move.

Anyone have the oil on this article?

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
There is an article in MotorSport News which covers the Rumour.

States that Steve Horne ex owner of Tasman Motorsports CART team is to take up part ownership and management of the team along side Bob Forbes. Fred Gibson departing the operation.

The team would then be renamed but continue with Drivers Lowndes Crompton and Rodney Forbes.

Apparently Horne is a long-time friend of Crompton and was involved in Cromlies Super Tourer exploits in the states.

Apparently the current ownership of Gibson & Forbes was a bit rocky and was possibly heading to the Courts.

Also Jim Vale who has just retired as Manager of Jordan F1is to take up a role with "Gibson Motorsport", but not clear whether this was negotiated by the current or new management of the 'Gibson' team.

Motorsport News did stress that these where rumours and that none of the key players where available for comment.

Also it may well be that Gibson retains his level 1 franchise, did I here Briggs mentioned ???.

·
Early Ford Member
277 Posts
I thought that there's been something fishy going on. At the QLD 500 the team looked all out of character, the way the Gibson Falcon just didn't perform. When it got guard damage to the rear right, they took it into the pits, knowing that it was shredding the tire, but did sweet **** all to bash out the bodywork. Then, of coarse it was crashed into the wall, straight away. This wasn't the sort of (anti)professionalism I would expect of a well oiled team. It kinda reminds me of Lowndsey's lack of performance when there was friction in the HRT camp...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts