Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!!!

We won the day-nighter against india by 1 ball!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wasn't a bad finish, very similar circumstances to the game last Sunday where Aus went down. Should be a close final, pity about Zim though. Didn't really make it a tri-series did they?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hell Yeah!!!!

What a bloody fantastic finish that was. I have new faith in Brett Lee now, he held his own under pressure.

GO AUSSIES!!!!!

Cheers

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
What a finish - just about poo'd my pants when he hit that 6!!!

Even better was the look on the faces of the Indian team and supporters... despite all their bad sportsmanship and underhanded tactics, they still couldn't pull the win together. No doubt they will attribute their loss to a lack of throat lozenges... :rofl: :rofl2:

Now, where's Pritey?? :sparkles2 :sparkles2

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Fantastic effort by the Aussies....THE WORLD CHAMPIONS...even after the blatant time wasting efforts by the Indians We still kicked their ass by one run hehe. The tail enders held up their end of the bargain. Hopefully the final we kick ass again. I feel for Zimbabwe. In a tri nations series with 2 of the best cricketing teams of late is a little bit of a morale let down. Ok they need the practise but really not in the same league.
However the Aussies need to get some of the new blokes in the team to give them a chance. The likes of Gillespe(sp?) are not going to be there much longer.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Awesome game, pity it rained...but at least it provided a nailbiting finish!!!

Great work by BLEE not only with the bat at the end, but also with the ball. Was the best of the aussie bowlers. He also fielded really well.

I must say though that Balaji went about bowling to Lee in the right way, but then bowled a ball that everyone should know is the only one BLEE can hit. An overpitched delivery outside off...always heads over the fence when Lee is facing. He absolutely loves that shot. Balaji just needed to keep pitching on a good length and getting the ball to head towards Lee's chest area...he bowled them earlier in the over and Lee could only ever manage a single at most. There was no way he was going to go for a huge pull shot.

Great match though, heightened by the fact that Martyn again failed :angel:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
FordHawk said:
I must say though that Balaji went about bowling to Lee in the right way, but then bowled a ball that everyone should know is the only one BLEE can hit. An overpitched delivery outside off...always heads over the fence when Lee is facing. He absolutely loves that shot. Balaji just needed to keep pitching on a good length and getting the ball to head towards Lee's chest area...he bowled them earlier in the over and Lee could only ever manage a single at most. There was no way he was going to go for a huge pull shot
But did you also notice the gap that Lee hit into I think originally he was going for just over the infeild with the hope of beating the feilder to the boundary, in the end he gave it everything and cleared the rope, what a crack!

Brett can handle the bat (much like gillespe) Brett reminds me a bit of Paul Rifle he was a great bowler and new how to swing a bat when needed.

Great game. I thought it was going to be Bevan and Clarke to the end.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
kooky said:
But did you also notice the gap that Lee hit into I think originally he was going for just over the infeild with the hope of beating the feilder to the boundary
Yeah but that is my point...it is the only place Lee can consistently hit the ball, and nearly everytime he does he hits it for 6...It was a bit irresponsible of Ganguly to leave such a gap in the first place...whenever Lee comes out to bat, the only realistic place he can hurt you is right where he hit the six last night...the long off - through cover region. Remember 2 summers ago when we were playing South Africa in Perth I think? Lee hit 3 sixes in one over off Alan Donald towards long off...the only place he can hit.

What I am trying to say is a little inexperience (Balaji) and lack of research (Ganguly) cost India last night. That and Gilchrist's form! Go Gilly!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
def agree grasshopper, Ganguly seems to always playing catch-up-cricket, seems he had a lot of luck last night to be in the position they were in last night as far as their feilding was concerned, their batting was a different story VVS and that other guy Y_____ singh (cant remember his full name!) absolutly awesome to watch.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
I did some investigating (hehe) and here is the over of Lee's against Donald.

47.1 Donald to Lehmann, one run, to long off
47.2 Donald to Lee, SIX, slogged straight - onto the roof of a shade
house
47.3 Donald to Lee, FOUR, slogged to point
47.4 Donald to Lee, SIX, lofted drive almost as far as the last - but at
the same shade house
47.5 Donald to Lee, FOUR, flicked off the legs to backward square leg
47.6 Donald to Lee, SIX, lofted drive same shade house behind long off

See what I mean....straight down the ground...long off is where he loves to hit it.

I think I have now exhausted the point.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Frucken Bevan! Get him off the side. There are a few more I wouldn't mind axing. That's what I call luck, Lee. My brothers and I sat there already thinking we were defeated, and then smash! We couldn't believe it!!

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Nah there is still a way off before the finals...not sure how many games, but still have to play in Adelaide...and then come back to Melbourne on the 29th (hoping to get to that) before the finals start.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:
...Even better was the look on the faces of the Indian team and supporters... despite all their bad sportsmanship and underhanded tactics, they still couldn't pull the win together. No doubt they will attribute their loss to a lack of throat lozenges... :rofl: :rofl2:

Now, where's Pritey?? :sparkles2 :sparkles2
What was funnier than the expressions on the Indians faces were the Aussie mugs when Pathan was on a Hat-trick ball, now that was classic.

Dude, have your fun while it lasts people. While beating a team that is missing their two best batsman and a team that got majorly screwed by the score regulator.. you guys oughta be proud, I mean one ball and all!

Australians whinge and whine like little girls when they're not on top, like we saw last night. Was a bloody great game and it was a shame that India lost (well for me and a couple of billion others), the attitude of the Australian commentators and general public is shocking. Because of the rain India were totally screwed over and the Australians still couldn't take advantage of it, quite frankly you all know India are gonna win your own series, whats worse it's on you own turf.

Just like a season or two ago when Stephen Fleming kicked Australia out of their own Tri-Seires by slowing the game down and giving their opposition the bonus point on purpose, they Ausssies got screwed by their own system and they couldn't handle it.

Just remember who kicked your arses last Sunday, not so happy then were yous, hell not even a mention. Try take a leaf out of India's book, lose with grace and when you win, try, and we know thats hard for you Australians, but try and be graceful.

We showed you who your daddy(s) were on the test series, even though it was drawn this young Indian team shot down and hummiliated the most experenced Australians.

Bring on the final and may there be more Indians at your own grounds, again, just to rub it in all of your faces when the cheating Indians take that trophy home.

"Suck" on that.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
XRated said:
That's what I call luck, Lee. My brothers and I sat there already thinking we were defeated, and then smash! We couldn't believe it!!
Says it all really.

But don't let me take anything away now, be proud, be very proud!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.