Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here i am, driving down concord road minding my own business when this BITCH in a red festiva decides to merge lanes INTO me! so what else can i do, but swerve to avoid her making a mess of the car. i stop and i'm exchanging a few pleasant words and gestures with her when i feel this bump/nudge/crack. oh fucking joy! i've just been rear ended! by a commodore!!! the bitch in the festiva just left, didn't even stop to say sorry, and we pulled over to see what's the damage. for him, a broken headlight and an indicator, and probably a few scratches in the paint. for me, the bumper's got a few scratches and a deep gash, a dent or two and it's been pushed in a few mm. i decided not to claim cuz a) don't want NRMA inspecting my car cuz it's lower than their specs (yeah, yeah, i know, i was stupid to do it) and b) the excess would cover the whole cost of the repair.

so, i'm not going to do anything about it till next year when i'll probably get the whole car resprayed, and new front (that's damaged too) and rear bars. probably aftermarket as well.

so yeah... me\ ends whinge

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident buddy :(

But if he rear ended you then its his fault and you dont have to pay a cent. The only time your insurance company comes into the picture is in accidents that your at fault at.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true, but as i said, i don't want NRMA snooping around my car! they said i can lower it 2" max - the rear's been lowered almost 3"

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
adviliax mortus said:
true, but as i said, i don't want NRMA snooping around my car! they said i can lower it 2" max - the rear's been lowered almost 3"
Maybe the guy didnt see u because your car is so low.........:s6:

·
Australian EF XR8 Member
58 Posts
Same thing happened to a previous Falcon i had.I put original springs back on the car before NRMA inspected it. Also you better check on the price for those parts and panel shop work because i think you will be surprised by what it will cost.I can't see it being less than the acsess.

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. But it's his fault, so what does your insurance company have to do with it? As long as you got the pricks name and address (and it's not fake), chase him for the repairs and if he wants to argue, threaten him with legal action.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HP Dude said:
But it's his fault, so what does your insurance company have to do with it? As long as you got the pricks name and address (and it's not fake), chase him for the repairs and if he wants to argue, threaten him with legal action.
Bingo.. Chase the fecker mate. Why should you pay it you don't have to..

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
adviliax mortus said:
Mate,
I feel for you, trust me theres some friggin baastards out there.
It's definitly his fault though, he ran up your ass, no question. I can understand where your comming from though about not dealing with the insurance, hell i'm in abit of crap at the moment with the insurance mob.
Hope you can still go on club runs buddy.

About the lowering NRMA states that 1 1/4 inch is MAX anything more red light starts flashing. Crap rule i say, pisses me off when theres un roadworthy cars out there rust, smoke and general crap and heres our cars struggling to get insurance.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh well...

shit happens! i'm gonna get bits and pieces of my future bodykit and when it's all done, i'll have them put on and the whole car resprayed. maybe a different colour.

it'll look kinda weird with 15" wheels and a bodykit... :/ oh well! can't have everything!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
hey dude... its not that bad!!

save up for a bit and buy some nice 17's and it will look good.

:s3 :s3 :s3

P.S - the pizza's where yummy

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
17s? no way... i don't like 17s. they look too small - i'd either go for 16s for a semi-sporty look, or 18s for a full sik sporty look... moit! hehe i just love 18s...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts