Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the good news is that i got my car back today from the pannel beaters after been 5 months off the road, i drove it home from north sunshine to sunbury and even took my brother for a drive around my area.

Now the bad news: later today when i went to go down the street with my step dad to get fish and chips the car wasn't changing into third gear. i started the car with a little rev and the car was idleing at about 1500 revs which has never happened before then slowly the revs reduced after a minute. i pulled out of the drive way and took off down the street slowly and when i got to 40 i noticed the car was reving a bit high for that speed, after exelerating a bit more the car was between 40 - 50 on 2500 revs and didn't even click into third gear. The car is an 1990 EA three speed automatic. the car also runs on gas, the gas converter has been replaced but when i clicked over to gas after filling it up on the way home it was running perfect but later on the gas also started to run very ruff while at intersections idleing to the point is stalled.

dose any 1 know what may be wrong with the car, i'm not to worried about the gas because the pannel beater said that if it wasn't running propply i could take it back to the gas guy and he would fix it up. my main consern is the gear's.

My step dad drove it home after we went down the street and floored it and then it changed into third after ruffly 4500 revs.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
It might pay to adjust the kickdown cable. The 3 speed's are a mechanical box where the 4 speed are electronic. This means there will be nothing wrong on the electrical side of things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts