Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WA Eseries Rep
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well new years eve certainly capped off a rough year with my car (well mainly the last 4 months). 1st my head gasket went but now I know alot more about my car.

Then on my way to my cousins place to begin celebrations at about 7pm I approached a intersection with a green light. I checked my speedo 62km/h and looked ahead to see a small green car waiting to turn right (comming from the opposite direction). I knew this as she was over the white line and indicating. I checked the lights expecting them to change but they remained green. I keep my eye on the interestion to see the old lady in the green car wait for the car infront of me to go past but to my amazment start moving. By now I have approached the white line of the interection and have hit the brakes realising this women had not seen me (probably due to her age and the sun comming in directly behind me and me being in shadows). She ended up hitting my rear right passenger door and pushing it in slightly. I got out and insepected the damage befor moving my car from the interesection.

First thing I asked was if both the old couple who when in the car if they were ok. The old lady was a bit shaken from it all as she said she just did not see me. The lancer wagon's bonnet was pushed up but drivable at the time. We swapped contacts and I notted down her rego. The old guy told me not to worry as they have insurance. Tho I was anoyyed no one else stopped who had witnessed the crash even after pointing to the guy that was behind her to pull over.

So there goes a bad way to round 2003 off. Bring on 2004

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
atleast everything will be covered :)
insurance jobs usually have u car coming out lookin' real nice :D

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
that sucks man - i would be royally P!$$ED if that was my car!

but i can understand how it happened, so i wouldnt be out for blood lol.

hope the insurance co gets your car all sorted out nicely, and im very glad that nobody was hurt, and ESPECIALLY glad it wasnt your fault!

bloody old people :S6:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts