Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This note is to keep you up to date with the status of your Bliink application.

We have a tentative date for your ADSL line upgrade or conversion of 02/02/2004, however please note this is an indicative date only, and the actual timing may be before or after this date. We will email you when we receive advice of completion of your line upgrade.
WoooHooo!!! no more dialup for me, as the founder of Dialup User Appreciation Group (or DUAG as it is known) this is a sad but happy day, no, wait, who am I kidding, Diaulp can kiss my curvy but gooooooooooodbye!!! :s6:

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Oh good stuff mate. U will notice a huge difference in connection speed. And when you happen to use a computer with dial-up after you have used broadband, you will appreciate it even more.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
ROFL! Well done, DK. :hy:

/me will probably stay a DUAG member for quite some time...

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
You'll never go back :) Trust me!

What speed are you getting? I'm on the 512/128 with Swiftdsl and it's always good. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't have broadband...

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
512/128 iinet

Now working otu which modem and shyte to buy, leaning towards the billion 7100Pro, the billion stuff looks like good gear, and usually a fair bit cheaper than equivalent competition products.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Nice mate, I knew it was in the pipeworks. Im with IInet had a little drama with them at first but everthing has been fine sailing ever since. I guess we will see some faster slapping in IRC and now im sure your Cd Burner will get some good use. :wnc: Oh and isnt Pron just great now :angel:

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
havent been officialy inducted into the DUAG, but i will be staying with it for quite a while at home seen as its free : )

tho do have the nice work lan when i am at work hehe ;)

·
im on a relativly slow ADSL connect (256) but i still love it i can download shit so fast on my old computer the computer lagged the webpages so they couldnt load that much faster but it downloaded quick as but my brand spanking new computer should fly in everyway and all directions, i really like the speed it downloads stuff off kazaa and stuff,

btw does anyone know where you can still download Kazaa lite? or know if Morpheus is anygood

cheers

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
i used to have cable in QLD... best i ever saw was 1.2meg/sec that was nice and quick : )

never used either of them, i mainly use DC++ for anything i try to do

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
just got 256k adsl myself last week...was originally told told 5-7 days. hahaha try 15 days before i actually got it. i got the billion bipac5100 modem....pretty good for $120.
as far as kazzalite goes you cant download it any more. you need to find someone with it and do a file transfer as i did...still took about 10 mins with adsl.
whats everyone paying? im paying $50 a month with 500mb or $54 a month for 512k if i want it. 1 gig for 256 is $60 a month i think?

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
$65 for 16 gb (512/128). Downloading from Kazaa is slow as shite anyway, as most people are still part of DUAG.

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
http://www.k-lite.tk/

EDIT: Just realised that you cant dl it any more...oh well, ive still got the install file...time to burn to a disk!

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Donut King said:
512/128 iinet

Now working otu which modem and shyte to buy, leaning towards the billion 7100Pro, the billion stuff looks like good gear, and usually a fair bit cheaper than equivalent competition products.
congrats on the upgrade :)
I too am on the iinet 512/128 plan and love it :)
yeah billion is damn good modems for half the price of others. I have the older 711ce and have no problems with it (except the 21 open port limit). Goodluck with it all :)

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
wats DUAG?

·
2,922 Posts
Your whole move to something greater than DUAG has made me consider the benefits myself!

Hope you enjoy it Steve, hope your girlfriend understands also :wnc: haha!

Cheers... Tim!

·
Registered
582 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmbandwidth $50 buys 500/128 2G for free and then $6 a gig after that with swift dsl.

used to have a good connection at work....(unlimited) but they took the internet away(godless bastards!)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts