Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had two runs with a Grange 255i in my XR6 and as i expected i lost.

First run i got away off the line still infront at the end of first gear {auto} hit second stayed infront till about 3500rpm-4000rpm then there was no stopping the LS1. It pulled past and looked as though it was at the end of its second when it was about two lengths infront and the further we went the further it pulled probly 6-10 lengths to 180.

Second run was virtually the same but no high speed stuff as i had to turn off. I watched closer this time and could see his nose on my tail in first and it appeared to stay there even towards the end of our gears but when he hits the next gear the 255 just started pulling non stop till he went past me just like the first run and that was it i had to turn off anyway.

He also has a passenger in the car. Spose i was'nt disgraced for the first 2 gears given myns a N/A 6 But boy i better save even harder for a new 8 i think.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Yeah mate, there's no denying those big pigs are quick.

Sounds like your 6 did well though.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate all i'm sayin is the guy in the 255 Grange can starting counting his days. Just wait till we compare apples on apples engine, boy i can wait. :D :D :D

Sounds like your XR6 done pretty well considering your like 1.7L under in capacity. You'll be able to wave good bye to a number of 308 boys.

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
hehe 6 = 8 for sure!

its like with a taller diff ratio and a 5 speed in there, you'dve lunched that grunge dude with a bit of throttle to spare lol

Cant wait for the twin cam XR6.. that'd simply own the streets.. Damn, even the 5.4 boys will be counting their days. Please ford, dont nobble this car!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
Whats the Kw on his beast?? Would it give laminge a run for his money - or is it a case of "no chance"??

Not sure on Kw's, but i think it would be close:eek:

My money is still on minge......

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Laminges machine is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. :D :nuts:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Well I feel qualified enough to comment on this one, as I have obviously been spending a bit of time around Laminge's beast in the last few days (and even driven it, although rather gingerly.. YEEEEEHA!!!!) and living about 1km from Strife and witnessing Grungy in full flight against a few other LS1's..

I'd say it would be damn close, Gaz's beast is f'ing fast, but so is Strifey's!! I think cubic inches would swing the pendulum in Strifey's favour as the race continued, but until both you lads get together we'll never know (hint hint!) ;)

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
I think Im better lookin ;)

should find out what grungy is pushing out rwkw wise by the end of the week.

grungy is a fat bastard and laminge should have a good 100kg over her

it was good to see the grange give you a poke. ive found it hard to get a t series driver interested unfortunately and it took me almost 12 months to line up a C4B GTS on the street

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I was in Sydney (Kings Langley) on the weekend and I saw a Grange taxi!:eek:

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
Whats the Kw on his beast?? Would it give laminge a run for his money - or is it a case of "no chance"??
Just picked the car up from Injection Perfection after some motec tuning.

happy to say that its sitting just a tad over 300rwkw and needing an injector upgrade.

There is a little more in her yet but will do a cam and stage 1 heads and with a goal of 350 rkws and that will about do it for the grange.

Ill throw the 7.2L into something else when it arrives

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
strife said:

happy to say that its sitting just a tad over 300rwkw @ 5200 and needing an injector upgrade.

There is a little more in her yet but will do a cam and stage 1 heads and with a goal of 350 rkws and that will about do it for the grange.

* Laminge keels over in laughter * :D
Nah, sounds like a beut, but still, a Grunge?!:D :p

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
strife said:

happy to say that its sitting just a tad over 300rwkw and needing an injector upgrade.

Damnit!!! Just after I moved mate!! I would've been over in a flash to "inspect" these changes :D

·
gone
10,402 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
Ohh yeah... strife would leave me in a bit of strife!!!

By the sounds of things hes a sick puppy and the only Holden driver I would be more than happy to have me beaten!!!

Ohh yeah Strife, i forgot to add, will be getting my Viper soon so the challenge may be out!!!!

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
laminge said:

Ohh yeah Strife, i forgot to add, will be getting my Viper soon so the challenge may be out!!!!
:eek:

that would be an intersting challenge

Laminge 8ltr V10 Viper 450hp? 1500kg

V

Strife 7.2 ltr V8 CV8 500hp 1600kg

well at least you will be getting better sex then me, and a **** load better traction

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:

By the sounds of things hes a sick puppy and the only Holden driver I would be more than happy to have me beaten!!!

Ah It looks like those pictures worked afterall:D :D

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
laminge said:

Either that, or save some cash and import a Ford Racing V10 crate motor to go crazy with before massaging in it the XR!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts