Finally got car going.
185cc CHI heads
CHI manifold
crow solid 238 242
357 cubes
270 rear wheel kilowatts
360 rear wheel horsepower
through c10 and 3.5 nine inch 3500 stally
very happy indeed pulls strong straight off of idle and first and second gear up in smoke with my 245's (near on brand new).Recommend this set up to anyone.
cheers

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Nice results :hy:
Are you putting down the 1/4 dyno for a run?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Very nice result, should pull mid to low 12's easy !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys
very happy indeed with the set up, will take to the track eventually.Can't believe the amount of torque i have picked up with this set up versus the 2'vs (ported) with xcellerator.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It equates up near 480hp, so with some rear gear in it, i would be real surprised if it didn't easily run 11's. Must be fun roasting them tyres.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey 69xw well done,,i have the exact same setup as you including that cam, just got to put it together,,can i ask what extracters and carbie you are running,,
And what sort of revs does it pull to with the small port heads.

cheers Mate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aussiemart said:
Hey 69xw well done,,i have the exact same setup as you including that cam, just got to put it together,,can i ask what extracters and carbie you are running,,
And what sort of revs does it pull to with the small port heads.

cheers Mate
Thanks aussiemart
carby is a mighty demon 825 Barry Grant
Mechanical H/V Holley fuel pump with standard fuel line into pump and 1/2 inch line up to carby.(wasn't running lean at all in the mid to high 12's).
1 7/8 inch pacies with 3 inch collectors H pipe 2.5 inch exhaust all way through with Lukey mufflers.
pulls hard all the way to my 6600rpm limiter(havn't rev'd it any harder yet but feels very strong up to that point).
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xdclevo said:
It equates up near 480hp, so with some rear gear in it, i would be real surprised if it didn't easily run 11's. Must be fun roasting them tyres.
your right xdclevo it's alot of fun roasting those tyres, think i might have to start buying retreads for the rear purely for power skids.Got some 205's in shed see if she'll pop top gear.John at CHI said to me it would be between 480 and 510 horses with that set up so he was pretty spot on.He said i would lose around 15 to 20 horsepower milling .75 inch off of manifold (for bonnet clearance).

·
Boost Is for Pussies
835 Posts
69XW said:
your right xdclevo it's alot of fun roasting those tyres, think i might have to start buying retreads for the rear purely for power skids.Got some 205's in shed see if she'll pop top gear.John at CHI said to me it would be between 480 and 510 horses with that set up so he was pretty spot on.He said i would lose around 15 to 20 horsepower milling .75 inch off of manifold (for bonnet clearance).
Good to hear you're having fun with it :)

·
BLOWNXD
429 Posts
Thats some good figures you got there with such a mild cam and the 185 chi's, have to be stoked with that. I got a set of CHI heads on my clevor and couldnt be more impressed with the quality of the heads and the results. In an xw which im presuming is around the same weight as an xy 1300-1400kg with that power yous hould easily run ultra low 12's or high 11's on slicks only thing holding you back is your gears. Have seen an xe (similar weight) with 270-280rwhp run 11.7's consistently but with 4.11's and 4000 stall c4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XD408 said:
Thats some good figures you got there with such a mild cam and the 185 chi's, have to be stoked with that. I got a set of CHI heads on my clevor and couldnt be more impressed with the quality of the heads and the results. In an xw which im presuming is around the same weight as an xy 1300-1400kg with that power yous hould easily run ultra low 12's or high 11's on slicks only thing holding you back is your gears. Have seen an xe (similar weight) with 270-280rwhp run 11.7's consistently but with 4.11's and 4000 stall c4.
yeah very happy with what the engines doing considering i pulled out of box and bolted straight on.Thinking of finding some different gears maybe 3.89's and then taking to A.I.R.(when they decide to put street meet on).

·
Boost Is for Pussies
835 Posts
XD408 said:
In an xw which im presuming is around the same weight as an xy 1300-1400kg with that power yous hould easily run ultra low 12's or high 11's on slicks only thing holding you back is your gears. Have seen an xe (similar weight) with 270-280rwhp run 11.7's consistently but with 4.11's and 4000 stall c4.
XY with Clevo, 9" and toploader comes in around 1450-1500kg (1550 with iron heads/intake/exhaust and aircon?)?
What rubber was the XE running? I'd imagine you'd get an XE's rear end to work a lil better than a leaf sprung job?

·
351 XE on LPG
743 Posts
69XW said:
Finally got car going.
185cc CHI heads
CHI manifold
crow solid 238 242
357 cubes
270 rear wheel kilowatts
360 rear wheel horsepower
through c10 and 3.5 nine inch 3500 stally
very happy indeed pulls strong straight off of idle and first and second gear up in smoke with my 245's (near on brand new). Recommend this set up to anyone.
cheers
which manifold did you use 69XW? CHI seem to have a few to choose from on their website.

Are your headers Tri-Y or 4-1 ?

What pistons and rings?

Congrats on the excellent numbers. I like the sensible red-line you've chosen.

Thanks for sharing your info. Good luck at the quarter.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry to butt in before you answer rhetts post but are your extracters 4v or 2v type 4 into ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rhett said:
which manifold did you use 69XW? CHI seem to have a few to choose from on their website.

Are your headers Tri-Y or 4-1 ?

What pistons and rings?

Congrats on the excellent numbers. I like the sensible red-line you've chosen.

Thanks for sharing your info. Good luck at the quarter.
RHETT
Manifold is the hi rise CHI single plane that was supplied with heads.
Headers are 4 into 1 pacies with 3 inch collectors.
Pistons are hyperutectics(i think thats how it's spelt)with moly rings ACL from memory,with all the usual block treatment to make it hang together.Standard(351) rods Black crank with ARP rod bolts.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aussiemart said:
Sorry to butt in before you answer rhetts post but are your extracters 4v or 2v type 4 into ones.
aussiemart
they are 2v type 4 into ones very tight i might add in my XW (had to bend a bit near my steering box because it was touching).Not sure if part number is different from XD for the XW (had them on my ESP XD originally).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts