Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here! We recently bought a 2018 ford expedition FX4 package. It has 13,000 miles on it. I got called to work, put my car in park, shut it off and was locked inside the car. My handle would not unlock the car, the unlock button inside did nothing, I could not pull up the knob on the side of the door to unlock it manually, my key Fob would not unlock it. I had to crawl out the window. I got out and manually inserted the key into the door handle and it would not turn All doors were locked. I had to leave my windows down while at work and Crawl back in through them to start the car. The next morning it was fine. Dealership can not replicate it. My fear is in my children’s safety not only if we’re in an accident and that happens again, but if a fire starts in the engine, or if it’s in the Summer and they get locked inside while I’m getting one of them out. Dealership told me to “video tape it” next time it happens so they can have a better representation of my story. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would try to start the vehicle again and then turn off. Possibly shift from park and then back to park when running. Sounds like the computer may have not sent the signal to unlock the doors. Like it still thought the vehicle was in motion. Did you try to open any other door? What about releasing the rear gate? Hopefully it will not happen again. I would also carry a glass breaking device in the event you need to get in or out in an emergency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts