Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, received MOTOR today...and not a mention about the 220kw XR8, not even for next month:rolleyes: :eek:

The only Ford related news was in the hot bits section that says

Ford may have scrapped plans to sell Lincolns outside the US, but over the next five years, there'll be eight new models. First up, in 2004, is a 4X4 with V8 power and rear-hinged "suicide" doors.
There was also a small article on a hotted up Falcon Ute (looks great :cool: ) that will be sold by Mick Webb's SVO operation. It's based on the Fairmont, runs on 18" Speedline wheels, Koni oil shock absorbers and Eibach springs. Tonneau cover cover can be either hard or soft. Engine upgrades are staggered, a 30kw increase, a 55kw increase and a 80 kw increase, they mention that thet will have a 5.6L Stroker available in a month also.

Could Ford be supplying the aftermarket fellas with their strokers :WH:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
That is disappointing. :(
Yeah it is a bit ay.. Especially when it's such an exciting time to be a Ford fan.. Oh well.. here's hoping for next month.. :(

Maybe the V8 4x4 with the "Suicide doors" could be the R5??.. Whaddya reckon?

T

·
0 Posts
there's something not right here. I remember reading about those engine figures somewhere else, just cant remember where. where's my extinct magazine rack, oh thats right in the little room. must go back through the old issues.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Must say Ford have dropped the ball slightly on this one. The cars are being delivered either this week or next and there is no write up at all. They have a couple of mule cars that could have been used (and I was told they did) to at least get the news in peoples face

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Are the XR8 ads mentioning anything about the 220 donk JEM??..
If they are it makes you wonder why there was no write up in the mag..

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ford Man said:
Are the XR8 ads mentioning anything about the 220 donk JEM??..
If they are it makes you wonder why there was no write up in the mag..
Yeah, the usual "we have ignition" add thats at the begining of the mag has been updated. it now says, "THE LIGHTNING FAST FALCON XR8. NOW CHARGED WITH 220kW."

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GT351 said:
What else is in the magazine for tests?
There is a comparo of 206kW EVO VI, 300kW VX GTS and the new 252kW M3.

They drive this 373kW AWD Celica:eek:

Comparo of the "hot hatches", Corolla Turbo, Mazda SP20 and Laser SR2.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Those 220 XR8 ads have been going for a few weeks now and Motor has'nt even mentioned a test for next issue?? Thats disgracefull as it probly means that next month they will do a single drive and we will have to wait to atleast the month after to see it show the SS what low down acceleration is all ablout.;) ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I subscribe to Motor so I might get it next week...... (Shonkster ACP INaction :mad: )

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I've noticed in the past that Motor has stated what stories will be in the next issue and lo and behold, Wheels has exactly the same article in their next issue, which is before the next Motor one, make sense??. So I wonder if Motor are sometimes a bit guarded about what they will bring out next. Check Wheels in a couple of weeks, we may see something about the 220 xr8 then.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TeeHee said:
I've noticed in the past that Motor has stated what stories will be in the next issue and lo and behold, Wheels has exactly the same article in their next issue, which is before the next Motor one, make sense??. So I wonder if Motor are sometimes a bit guarded about what they will bring out next. Check Wheels in a couple of weeks, we may see something about the 220 xr8 then.
Yeah, and I expect wheels to be about a second off the pace in the performance times too, as usual:rolleyes:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Must admit, i'm not particularly fussed with either Motor or Wheels, i buy the one with the articles i like or the one in this case that will have the new XR8 comparo with the SS.

In my archive of mags, i got a mixture of motor and wheels, but more wheels going back to the days when my old man use to buy every issue without delay. :D :D :D

On the subject of that does anyone have the wheels articles on the ED, EF and EL release, if anyone does can they scan it for me, this would be every very much appreciated.
I got every falcon release apart from those ones.

I contacted Wheels and they don't have a re-print of back issues, the best i got was a $6.00 charge on an article in black and white photocopy, dooooooooodgy.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
JEM said:
Yeah, and I expect wheels to be about a second off the pace in the performance times too, as usual:rolleyes:
That's because they do the runs with half tank of fuel minimum and two people on board. Motor etc do it low fuel and one person.

Try this:
pack four mates in a WRX and then do the runs with Falc and Commo. See who wins then (crap Japanese hairdryer tinboxes.....)

·
Australian XB Member
88 Posts
MOTOR's policy, i'm told, is full tanks and one person. I've asked the question and i'm told they do most of their stuff at Calder (wheels uses Eastern Creek) and there's a BP servo on their way out there. they argue it's more consistent and fair that way. who knows?

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Having a look in the Hot Source section of Motor under XR8 and it says "Now withe even more power. And more still would help match Commodes V8 performance".

Then in the TE section it says "still lacks straight line speed of Chev powered Holdens-or XR8!".

Does this mean the 220 is quicker than a TE but slower than an SS and they've tested it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts