Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(this happened on the tuggeranong parkway between kambah and weston turnoff a few weeks ago(canberra)).
(this story is prob kinda similar to other ricer stories except that there's 20 of them).

me and some mates were driving back (VP commodore)from a soccer match when we see a line of cars on the side of the road, all small girl cars, chrome wheels so my mate in front passenger seat screams out "You should be ashamed of yourselves".

we didn't think much would happen but before u know it, we look behind and they all move onto the road, weaving through all the traffic. We are telling my mate to keep his mouth shut when we approach a magna driving about 20km below speed limit so we decide to conventiently align the car with the magna and drive at the same speed, the rice master(the guy with the most outragous body kit) tailgates us beeping, flashing lights and serving(we insulted his people, he's pissed off) with the rest of the barinas behind all crampt up trying to get a piece of the action. The magna drives turns off and leaves room for the master ricer to drive next to us, so he looks and us and then floors it. Now we were expecting a demonstration of "high performance motoring", but the jellybean moves slowly into the distance, accompanyed by that annoying sound of an exhaust that sounds like a blow fly, followed by the "woop pish". So my mate floors it, i look at the speedo and then look to the side and he's already 30 meters behind(no mods to the vp). We gain some more distance, now we're in civic, turn off at the ANU and lose them quite easily. We can still see them though, 1 after the other, like little ducklings crossing a road (except the ugly duckling was leading in this case), waisting the world's free oxygen just to make some stupid sound from a movie.

one of my other friends doesn't know much about cars but knows how pathetic the ricers can be.

moral of the story ? don't buy chromies and rice gear and that will leave u enough money for V8 fuel ecomony wise

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
(we insulted his people, he's pissed off)
OMG... i dont dont know but those few words have me nearly in tears of laughter. Ive read your post a few times now and like a Bryce Courtenay book, the imagery just gets better and better.

damn fart cannons... good to see a lesson got dished out.

cheers,
Matt

·
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"
658 Posts
Thanks for that truenoteno, what a laugh. Moral of the story: don't be surprised if you get dissed driving a car where you've spent more on the bodykit then on the engine.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Haha - good one; 'tis even funnier when you know the road!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
quite amusing :)
its amazing how many of these types of cars are getting around, and they're so proud of them ;)
to each there own i guess!

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
xacoupe said:
lol
I just got back from canberra.. it's degenerated into a ricer paradise ... sad

It's getting worse since the drag strip closed down... but not all residents are ricer lovers ;)

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
geez. i surely would be pissed off too if i had to drove a poof mobile hahaha

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
god that area was my hunting ground once,god its become bling bling doof doof now,i will never live there again ROFLMFAO:

LOL about the chase scene,yeah lets get him fellas but stay behind me please...LOL
classic!

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
Beware Barinas hunt in packs:p

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
You really have to be careful around those types of people guys. I cant believe you arent taking this seriously. If you get enough ricers around your car...

...you gotta pay em all out and that can take way too much time;)

·
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT
463 Posts
the story and the quote
MaD_WoG said:
geez. i surely would be pissed off too if i had to drove a poof mobile hahaha
make me lauch hard.. Its even funnier cause I know exactly where you are at..

and yes Canberra has turned to rice heaven..

The sad thing is some of the better vehicles (200sx, Skylines) go for looks (bodykits and crap hanging off it everywhere) rather then the engine mods which gain real respect.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
hahahaha
Great story!

Its a bit worrying this "plastic body kit over engine enhancements" trend

·
Another Ford Driver
211 Posts
Saw one of those on northbourne the other day, little yellow thing with massive chrome wheels sticking out a couple of inches. Slow as shite and a complete eyesore. There are definitely some truly clueless people around.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Only thing missing is the Benny Hill chase music!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts