Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NEPO / Probe LX Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im instlaling my keyless entry and i have it sorta working, but i need to some hwo splice into the power door lock cables, i figured since there is a plug on the cables so u can take the door off i coudl do it near there and its easy to get to, only problem is there is that rubber crap covering it up and i cant get it off, my chitons manual has nothign but a picture and well it dosnt really help much other than showing it can be taken off.

ok second question, this thing can make the parking lights flash when u lock/unlock the door, well i dont know were to even begin with this one

also how do i get hte damn shift nob off the shifter, or is it even possible? b/c i want to drill it and put in a button on top that coud later be used as somethign like a nos switch(though it would be just for looks)

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
About the power door locks, I have no idea.

About your parking lights flashing when lock and unlock the car, that should be in the installation manual. Or at least a vague idea of what you need to do. Seems as though you'll have to splice into the parking lights somewhere.

About the shift knob, if you have a manual, it should just come off by twisting it off. I don't know about putting a nitrous switch on the shifter however, what if you accidently hit the switch when you don't want it to be armed? I would put the switch somewhere where you cannot accidently hit it, but in a place where it's still easily accessable.

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
B&M makes a bad ass hammer shifter with the button on the left side. Close enough to ingauge the juice easily without movement but far away enough to not hit it by mistake.It's 35bucks though...

~G~

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
just untwist the knob its kinda stuck at first but after the first turn its really easy to unscrew also i see you are going for a look on the shifter like eleanor from gone in 60 seconds i say go for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts