Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason we are seeing so many try-hards driving tanks like Prados and Pajeros is the differential duty rate applied to 4WD vehicles over a certain ride height. This is so outdated it's beyond belief.

Just what we don't need. Heavy 4WDs using copious amounts of fuel (more than any XR8) and hurting our greenhouse target compliance. Also, at 2500kg plus most of these cars are a hazard to other road users.

Just my oppinion, but we need to see same duties etc on these vehicles as any passenger car. Then, provide a tax break for genuine industry groups as part of the sale qualifications.

OR, even better introduce a new weight limit for LR licences. Namely 2001kg and up. That should stop the mums out there for a while or at least teach them the effects of weight.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I think I am right in saying that a policy suggestion the very same cost Labor the election that couldn't be lost. Remember the pollies getting into big Toyotas several years ago. Straight after the election the labor party dropped the 4x4 tax policy because of the severe public back lash.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Yeah but seriously

How can anyone drive those 4x4, the last time I doive a range rover from Melbourne to Sydney i blew the gear box on a car that only reach 4500ks:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:
Yeah but seriously

How can anyone drive those 4x4, the last time I doive a range rover from Melbourne to Sydney i blew the gear box on a car that only reach 4500ks:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes:
Agree. but I also have seen your driving. Blew a gear box, I seem to remember hearing that before:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing