Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my last tire rotation I noticed my rear pads were getting thin so I went to rockauto.com to order a set. Well, they have questions I wasn't expecting so I need to ask someone who has done this on a Grand Marq if I have phenolic or steel pistons and do I need pads with large or small clips?

I would expect questions like this if I had a P71 but wasn't expecting them for a Grand Marquis and I'm a little stumped. Had I known there would be a number of options I would have looked more closely while I had the wheels off. This is a daily driver I'd prefer not to leave it on the jack stands while I roll the dice with a mail order item that may not be correct.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
911 Posts
You should have calipers with phenolic pistons but I’m not sure about the clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked Autozone and they don't ask those questions, just pay and go, but the prices for ceramics at RA are still better. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought this pair SCITOO Ceramic Disc Brake Pads for my 2003 Grand Marquis on Amazon. Mine ended up having a ton of life left but the pads looked like ones on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts