Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to see Irvine put the Jaguar on the podium for the first time, lets hope this is the start of something. Ford needs some return from it's investment. :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
That's racing RPO83...

Top six from the Monaco GP
1. M. Schumacher (Ferrari) 1h47m22.561s
2. R. Barrichello (Ferrari) +0.4s
3. E. Irvine (Jaguar) +30.6s
4. J. Villeneuve (BAR) +32.4s
5. D. Coulthard (McLaren) +1 lap
6. J. Alesi (Prost) +1 lap

Go Jag!!!
:wink2: :thumbup:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
But let me guess - 3 quarters of the field failed to finish.:D
From the finishing times he still a bit off the pace but anyhow it is bloody great to see Jaguar up on the podium and I hope they carry on in doing so.

BTW it is Jaguar's highest placing since being renamed from Ford.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Now that is a low blow, lucky I know you aint serious,
or were you?:WH: :WH: :WH:
Cripes that was quick!!... Nah, just going fishing... hehe.. :D :p

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
It was a great result for Jaguar. Racing is not only about the driving, but the team work, the realibility of the equipment and also some luck. But the better the first few variables the less of the last one you need to rely on. Eddie Irvine and his team came third, not because McClaren lost it, but because they were the better team on the day............I think McClaren need to look seriously at their reliability, especially in light of the last 2 Grand Prix.

Great One Jaguar........but I still back Ferrari in the F1, and Schumacher............I have many car t-shirts, all Ford but one, and that is Ferrari!!!

Jas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
TickfordEB
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing