Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally found the forums I've been looking for!! This is a great place where we can post about the cars and trucks we love most, and one with great people at that. Look forward to chatting and e-mail some of you in the times ahead. Again, it's great to be here. :)

·
F-150 Member
27 Posts
cool another F-150 member

Hey Texas Man what kinda F-150 do you have I have a 97 F-150 regular cab with a short bed 4.6 V8 with flowmasters. I call her Big Red but I will be trading her in soon for the Mighty 2001 Mustang GT.

Later Nick

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the sig. It's a 1996 (old body style) F-150, regular cab with a longbed. It's Portofino blue over silver frost powered by the famous straight six and automatic. Made on Tuesday, October 23, 1995 at the Ford plant in Norfolk Virginia. :) I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off, which I hope isnt for a long time since I take great care of it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas Man

No, wish I did though, gotten lots of compliments about her from folks in the area. :)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Texas Man said:
[BI plan on driving it till the wheels fall off, which I hope isnt for a long time since I take great care of it. [/B]
That Truck will last for a long time. 300 straight six is a very good engine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stacy: Definately, I've heard of those motors going 400,000 miles or more. But thats another board. :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
400 000 miles, wow, when you say wheels falling off you MEAN wheels falling off... :)

Welcome to the board Texas Man!

·
Explorer Member
53 Posts
Hi Tex,

You're right, you can get a million miles out of that engine. Many of my customers were getting up near the 500,000 mile mark. They were determined to let the Toyota guys rot. Welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Sweens
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing