Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see lord of the rings on sunday. Took the face off my CD player and the remote and put it in the cenre console compartment. Come back fom watchn the movie. The rear right 1/4 window is smashed and the face for the cd player is gone......but the actual cd player still there..... Crossovers for my 4 day old splits are gone aswell.....but the tweeters are still there. Remote is still there. Case for the CD face is still there. Zoo York hat and like $6 in change gone.

Luckily, all my cd's were at my house that day and not in the car. As I was making backups incase something like this happened.

I conclude it was kids with nothing better to do. Probably saw the hat, smashed in to get that. Cause there was nothing else visible worth stealing (is a hat worth stealing?). And a CD player face and crossovers are useless with out the rest of the gear, so they obviously didnt know what they were doing.

They tried to get into the boot aswell. Cause my seat covers were half ripped off.... but I have Gas. ahaha so they didnt get in there by the look of it. They could have just pressed the button....

So yeh pissed off, but RAC have been real good. Replaced my window by 11:30 on the Monday, and gave me $750 for new stereo gear.

So I'm gonna upgrade from my clarion dxz435 to the dxz745mp. and i don't know what to do about the crossovers... can you buy them separately or do u have to buy a whole new set of splits??

But anyway to hell with punks like this who rip off stuff all because they are too lazy to go work for anything.

Mikey.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoa, just got an email back from pioneer $164.80 + $7.80 P and H for the crossovers for my splits.

Might just get a new set of clarion ones to go with my clarion head unit and clarion rears.

Is it possible/worthwhile hooking up the old tweeters to the new clarion splits and run 2 sets of tweeters?

Cheers.
Mikey.

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
Hrrrm, that sucks balls :(

It's really not fair that, because you actually want to spend some money on your car, and give a **** about it, some prick feels it quite suiting to break in and **** it all up for you...

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Geez mate

that just terrible

Thats always a fear, comming back to your car and its been damaged

Glad the insurance paid up ok!

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
man if that happened to my car i would not stop till i found those **** heads and killed them

( :s5: thats why no one has come near my car to this date :s5: )

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
ive had this prob. Ended up $3k worse for ware.

Its NOT FUN.

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
ive had my dvds, cds, head unit/remote (in door map pockets), basket ball and gurnsey/shorts, male perfume, gel, school bag, cousins shirt, and $25 in change (all change collected from maccas everyday) stolen in one hit, ended up with a broken rear window too. taught me to never think it wont happen to me!!! it happend in broad day light at a shopping centre... any one who lives in adelaide dont go to sefton park shopping centre and leave anything in your car, there aint a single camera in the car park and i know the security guard and he dont give a shit!!!!! they left my back speakers which werent even bolted in... there was an upside!!!

my friend wasnt so lucky either, her mx-6 turbo got broken into, it had an alarm, because they couldnt steal the car the cut ever single wire they could find, hack sawed the momo steering wheel, cut her interior with a knife, pissed all over the car including inside of it, stole her blow off valve, boost guage, turbo timer, stereo with out the face, speakers, kicked and baseball batted every panel in and broke every light out side, all in half an hour, and this had an alarm she was pissed when she woke up, it ended up being a write off so her b/f (drag races an rx3 and r100 both coupes) is still building her a mazda rx3 coupe (3.5yrs so far and not finished) and fixed up a lancer as a daily driver for her!

sorry to hear, hate theiving bastards, they should all die in hell, unfortunatly there aint anything any one can do. i dont see why you cant run two sets of tweeters, ill ask my friend if his got two sets of cross overs in his beamer, his got two sets of alpine tweeters in there.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
a quick resolution,and lets hope karma gets this young *BEEPS* back soon.
i always fear break in's especially with my car,but you never know when your time comes(for a break in)just gotta hope it aint your turn by some petty low life scum..

glad you got a quick resolution(car fixed and $$ for stolen parts).

·
Registered
367 Posts
good to see RAC have been so good; nothing worse than getting ripped off & then being dicked around by your insurance company

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i really should stop being so careless and hide stuff in my car :)
certainly seems to be a lot based on luck and where u are

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
EFFalcon said:
i really should stop being so careless and hide stuff in my car :)
Me too! Unfortunately, while I am house-sitting I have to park my car on the street all day and night. I really should give the car a good cleanout before it's too late.

1,675 Posts
especially with your rims ash, get on it.

i hate this shit. its a fact of life, but its still very disturbing that there are people with no respect for others' property. those that think life owes them something, and that they shouldnt have to work for what they have. i wonder how many crimes like this are drug related (money for drugs)?

glad to see you got it sorted out reasonably quickly.

with the crossovers, you should be able to get replacement ones for under $100 from a half decent car audio store; something with a similar crossover point will do just fine.

Jase

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
GRRRRRRRRR

these theives have absolutly NO idea how lucky they are - everyone i know has said that they will not hesitate to beat the crap out of anyone they find messing with their car, and that includes me.

toucha my car, i toucha your face!

just remember - if you ever catch them in the act, make sure you thrash them then steal their wallet - then tell them if you ever have any problems again you will come round with your friends and sort them out proper :s6:

that way you dont get any nasty repercussions, and they also get to see how it feels to have valuables taken away from them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know what you mean.. i was very lucky all they got was a full packet of smoke and then had the hide to ask me for a light 10 minutes later but it didn't click to go and check my car found out about 5 minutes after that.. I got out of it with a lose of $15 but it's the fact that it has happened to me twice now.. the time before was my wallet ($300), mobile phone and a packet of smokes ..
I hope you find out who they are and show them what it feels like .. i know i'm going to we i see the little pri*ke again.. but i've seen the person who did it to my car and of course he had darker colour skin.. and before anyone calls me racest I have dark coloured daughter so I have nothing against them just the ones that don't know right from wrong

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh guys it sucks balls alright.
It happened at 1:30pm aswell!! in a packed car park. Looked like 3 other cars got done aswell.

But yeh, just happy RAC didn't dick me around. Goin to get all my new stereo gear tomorrow and an alarm to. So I'll keep you posted with new pics etc.
Thanks for your sympathy.
:D

Mikey

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Thats sucks big time, but I know the feeling. I had the fairlane broken into about 8 months ago. Smashed qtr window, and they took headunit, remote, 2 autometer gauges, and three v12 alpine amps. All up, replacement cost of around 4 grand. Worst thing was, it happened out the front of the house, and my alarm didnt go off. Cops came, but there was nothing they could do, except say that they would probably come back again, cause they know people replace the gear. Sure enough, 3 weeks to the day, they tried to have another go. Fortunatly, id had a new alarm fitted, which scared them off. Got out the front to see a dark sedan tearing off up the street with no lights on, but it was too dark to make out a number plate

·
Registered
77 Posts
had my eb broken into about a year ago smashing the back 1/4 trying to get in to steal the car, good to see you got it all fixed up quick smart had to wait a week to get my windows fixed and good to see your all setup to get it back to how it was

·
Donkey Kong yay
142 Posts
hey do what i do keep the back door child safety locks on,even if they smash the rear quarter window they can put their hand in,but can't open the door from the inside...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahah That is like the best and most simple idea ever. except if they are real determined to get in you'll end up with 2 or 3 broken windows instead of just the one.
But yeh, I'm gonna do that. great idea!

thanks!
Mikey

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it all fixed up on Monday.
Wow, did I get a great deal.
He tried to tell me the unit i was going to get put in was $800 and the crossovers would cost him $200. But I had done my homework and knew the unit is sold by Clarion for $699 and the crossovers by Pioneer for $170.

Yeh so I let him know that he better not be trying to rip me off. So he got all nervous. "er....um, don't worry we'll see you right for the insured amount. It might take a while though cause I have to see what my boss wants to do about he crossovers, so if you wanna go into the city I'll ive you a call when we are done."

So 2 and a half hours later my mobby goes and they are finished.... THEY INSTALED IT ALL TOO!

Couldn't believe it, new crossovers, new DXZ735MP headunit, all installed, very tidily I might add and I didn't have to pay a cent! I was real happy, I ended up coming out of the break in in better shape. New and way better head unit and much tidier install.

Only hope my excess doesn't go up or my policy doesn't go up when it's time for renewal.

But yeh now it's all over I can say RAC were really good, didn't grill me about how it all got flogged, they understood this shit happens and you can't do much about it. And A-one Audio, after a bit of a push in the right direction, gave me a great deal and did a great job with the install, so yeh, I recommend them both to any of you.

Mikey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts