Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys im buying a 92 GT rear bumper for my LX 91, will it line up right or not, i remember seeing a guy from probetalk do this but did not check if it did fit alright, have any of you done this?, also do you guys know what material to use to make some custom body kit to the front bumper, will mondo work for this? i want to make the front of my probe look more aggresive and functional (scoops, foglights, etc) thanks for any help.

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
I think the rear bumper cover should bolt right up on your car. For making your own front lip, you need to use something meant for the job. Bondo is just for filling in little cracks and imperfections. It will fall apart with stress if used over a big surface. Maybe your best bet is to find a bumper cover from a different car and modify it to fit. An alternative to that is to mold something and then finish it with fiberglass. You might want to buy a book on body shop work if you are serious about this.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
I remember someone mentioning that it will fit right on without any problems. The only thing that I would consider is shaving the "gt" part since your car is not a GT. Also I think if you went with the GT bumper you might want to go with the GT sideskirts so that it would not look funky. About customizing the front bumper I don't know much about that.

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
I have the 92GT bumper on my LX and if you bondo out the GT it looks really nice,very well balanced! Easy as pie if you have EVERYTHING hehe

~G~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts