Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD
Joined
·
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it reads guys im just after some power figures at what you guys are running. With a list of mods if you choose. Im just after some comparisons as I am curious as I know they make nice power with minor mods.

Thanks

Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Well Simon i havent had mine dynod but it is ready now just waiting for Rob Herrod to have some time,needs to be re-calibrated and tuned,but i imagine mine would be there abouts with Cam's as i have the same mods as him.Before Cam lost his 24rwkw he had 252rwkw.
And Simon when are you going to change for the better and get a Ford? LOL
Cheers John
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
Sound's like your more than intrested, come on mate you know you want a GT, let the Boss be a part of your life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,657 Posts
239.5 - stock.
Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
MY baby is currently at 266kw but i have another trick up my sleave with something im trialing so it may go up more or down.

mods are; full herrod exhaust,Custom high flow cats, Unichip, Big mouth induction, BMC air filter, Original throttle body machined to 82mm, Underdrive pulley kit, 102ron fuel for Dyno days(HEHEHE),herrod short shift, Full height adj coil over Koni's, resized sway bar kits and noelathane bushes, Enkei rims for circuit.
Thats the list so far.

Elmer Fudd
 

·
a vile merchant
Joined
·
714 Posts
BOSSGT said:
MY baby is currently at 266kw but i have another trick up my sleave with something im trialing so it may go up more or down.

mods are; full herrod exhaust,Custom high flow cats, Unichip, Big mouth induction, BMC air filter, Original throttle body machined to 82mm, Underdrive pulley kit, 102ron fuel for Dyno days(HEHEHE),herrod short shift, Full height adj coil over Koni's, resized sway bar kits and noelathane bushes, Enkei rims for circuit.
Thats the list so far.

Elmer Fudd

What would be the point of putting in a special fuel for a dyno day? Is that so you can know what power you're NOT normally making? :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Competition days only so as to run more timing in the Unichip. The power is minimal but without it she might start to ping a little thats all. i use it mixed for track days aswell.

Elmer Fudd
 

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
All the GTs ive seen at dyno days put out between 230 & 240 rwkw standed.. I think you were talking about a standed GT... Hope this helps.......
 

·
Beastmaster
Joined
·
940 Posts
243.7 rwkw on BP ultimate, 12,000 km @ Dynosteve's in Redcliffe
(still hold the record for highest stock BOSS 290)

Interestingly it was only 219.7 @ 5000km
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
flappist said:
243.7 rwkw on BP ultimate, 12,000 km @ Dynosteve's in Redcliffe
(still hold the record for highest stock BOSS 290)

Interestingly it was only 219.7 @ 5000km
Yep thats plenty, mine was 232.3rwkw, now has cats back, and wide mouth, could be anything, certainly goes harder than it did, stock
 

·
BSR Driver #3 - Team ADD
Joined
·
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys i really didnt know what power ppl were making i thought i heard about 260-270 rwkw from bolt ons.

Cant wait for the unleashing of the computer ala LS1edit for FORD

SIMON
 

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
The BOSS motor is certainly getting some high numbers... plenty left in her too! :s6:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Got the wide mouth induction put on during pre-delivery so don't know the difference between a stock GT and mine.

Only got 2500kms on her at the moment, but will be putting her on dyno @ 3000+kms.

Figures quoted here give me something to compare with and look forward to! Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
** CAM HAS HIS POWER BACK, but for how long **

This post has been a long time coming.

The missing 24rwkw have been found. They were found stuck underneath the passenger side airbag.

kidding

Rob Herrod diagnosed there was a fault with the chip which caused mis-fire & not responsive. I returned the chip back to APS (Unichip distributor) and they claimed there was no fault with the chip. They (APS) reprogrammed the chip and dynode the car which now reads 256.4kw, which was above their '240 mark' expectation.

I’m not expecting things to work long term, as I feel the reprogramming which Unichip did will not be effective and the chip may malfunction as it has done in the past.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow night at Calder. Maybe I can break my 13.743 @ 103 mph.

cam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Great news Cam hope your problems might be solved now ,it will be interesting to see what time you get back at Calder.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
GTP 200 said:
** CAM HAS HIS POWER BACK, but for how long **

This post has been a long time coming.

The missing 24rwkw have been found. They were found stuck underneath the passenger side airbag.

kidding

Rob Herrod diagnosed there was a fault with the chip which caused mis-fire & not responsive. I returned the chip back to APS (Unichip distributor) and they claimed there was no fault with the chip. They (APS) reprogrammed the chip and dynode the car which now reads 256.4kw, which was above their '240 mark' expectation.

I’m not expecting things to work long term, as I feel the reprogramming which Unichip did will not be effective and the chip may malfunction as it has done in the past.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow night at Calder. Maybe I can break my 13.743 @ 103 mph.

cam
Dammmm, now that thing might beat me, not good, with that sort of power, ohhhh no. CAMS back in town.
I thought it would be in the air bag, thats the first place id look. LOL
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top