Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car in today for a check up and the write up was the Alarm is faulty and the tailshaft is twisted so now I've got to wait untill next mid week to get it replaced.
Untill then I'm still going to drive it hard. :wnc:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Which dealership do you deal with? and whats wrong with your faulty alarm?
Cheers John

·
Registered
436 Posts
DABOSS said:
Took my car in today for a check up and the write up was the Alarm is faulty and the tailshaft is twisted so now I've got to wait untill next mid week to get it replaced.
If you insist on driving it, I'd be very gentle with it.

·
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTP 320 said:
Which dealership do you deal with? and whats wrong with your faulty alarm?
Cheers John
City ford is the dealership, whats wrong with the alarm , well when you alarm the car and then open the boot the alarm goes off. So on the little bit paper that they give back to you says Faulty alarm module.

But being ford and being closed till monday, Must wait till next week. :sperm:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rodderz said:
Me too, don't all car's alarms go off if you open the boot when the alarm is armed?
Nope! The alarm in the GT/GTP should not go off when you open the boot and the rest of the car is armed. It is supposed to be smart enough to detect you opening the boot (with the fob), and disarm that sector only - which mine does.

Conversely, if you arm the alarm (lock the doors using the fob) whilst the boot is open, the alarm should arm itself like normal, then emit several beeps about 5 seconds later to warn you that you have an open sector (the boot)!

There are several threads here on FF that describe alarm problems with the GT/GTP, and many of them seem to point to a poor earth behind the front passengers footwell kick-panel being the cause - dunno if this is the case with the problem described here.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would say that alarm problem is normal. Both my cars do that and the BMW i had earlier this year did that. It is a closed part of the car, its like your bonnet, you open that with the car locked, it will go also.
What signs is the tailshaft giving you to say its bent?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My alarm system was working OK after I had it reset by the Dealer.
After a few weeks the alarm started going off after opening the boot.
I have got a suspition that it was caused by me not completing the full cycle when I
unlocked the car but did not open a door.Then I unlocked the boot and openned it.
The next time I openned the boot the alarm started going off.
I am going to get the alarm reset agian when it goes in to the dealer in a couple of weeks.

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
DABOSS said:
Watch out she does'nt drop the tail shaft and end for end your car. I suppose being a 2 piece shaft it might not be so dramatic if it let go, unlike the old GTs that use to have a 1 piece shaft and a tailshaft catcher.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah i have the same problem with the alarm when you open the boot it goes of,seems to be a common fault,i've mentioned it to New Oak Ford but are not too sure what the problem could be,if anyone knows what could cause the problem could you please let me know,thanks.
Cheers John

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i have noticed that the ford alarm does not have a key in the siren to disable it like most on the market does that mean that it will activate when you diconnect the battery & run until it internal battery drains or is there no internal battery

regards
rod

·
Registered
301 Posts
rod said:
greetings all
i have noticed that the ford alarm does not have a key in the siren to disable it like most on the market does that mean that it will activate when you diconnect the battery & run until it internal battery drains or is there no internal battery

regards
rod
It does have an internal battery. If the alarm is disconnected from its small wiring harness, it will sound continuously until the battery is drained.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
DABOSS said:
Seem to be having a lot of dramas the with BAs, oil burning, bracking driveshafts, twisting tailshafts,oil leaks,etc,etc whats going on!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
sbutler said:
Seem to be having a lot of dramas the with BAs, oil burning, bracking driveshafts, twisting tailshafts,oil leaks,etc,etc whats going on!!!
Give it a break, mate!..... We ARE on the same side here! (aren't we?) Be constructive or shutup

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
I drove A BA-GT not long ago.....and all it did was ping it's guts out on BP ultimatte and any other premium fuel.....I wasn't impressed. I liked the smoothness and handling, but the motor was a real shocker. Ford had looked at it a few times and could not isolate the prob. I wouldn't buy one or any car in the 1st series....Always wait for the second series.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Charliewool said:
Give it a break, mate!..... We ARE on the same side here! (aren't we?) Be constructive or shutup
Firstly dont tell me to shut up! secondly, I was not having a go at you so what's your problem? all I was doing was asking what was going on with the BAs? As a future BB GT owner I want to make sure that all the major teething problems are gone. I think it comes down to the old saying " never buy the first new model always hang on to the next one" I'll say it again whats going on Mr FORD?......

·
Registered
282 Posts
I really do not understand the idea of 'Don't get the first model, wait for the 2nd'. You get a three year warranty, if the fix comes out in the 2nd model chances are the 2nd model fix will fix your car.

From what I've heard and read the GT has minor problems apart from the odd bad unit, which can happed on any model. Ford seem to be able to repair these faults quite quickly, and my experience has convinced me that if you are armed with all the info, which comes mainly from Forums like this one (invaluable), the dealers are less likely to give you the 'run around'.

OK I might still have my 'rose clolured' glasses on......but hell.......life is sweet in my Vixen Beast!! :coo:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well said Silverhawk.
Cheers John

1 - 20 of 37 Posts