Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've played GT3 a few times, and I love it (not mine:( ) And everytime I play, I try to remember one thing, before the the PS2 was released, they said they were gonna improve the controller by have new buttons. The new buttons would be able to detect wether you are pushing it all the way down or only halfway, what this means is that you can mantain a certian speed, un like in GT2 (PS1) where the accelerator was down flat, or not down at all.
But I can't remember to check this when I goto my mates place (because I floor it like hell:D and am also sooooo impreased by the graphics:eek: ) so to all those lucky bastards out there with a PS2 (and GT3) please check this for me? ;)
It'll be cool if they folowed through with the idea:eek:eek: :cool:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yes the buttons are anolog, but why would you bother using them for a racing game when youve got the anolog sticks??

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you get where I'm coming from, it would be helpful in games where you need to take it easy, so to speak.:rolleyes: :nuts:

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
From the impressions I've gotten of the game, the buttons aren't pressure sensitive! Would have certainly been a good option! If you wanna check out a game with pressure sensitive compatibility, check out Tokyo Racer Zero (the street racing game!) I've got that game and it certainly does have that option inbuilt into it!

In regards to GT3, just tap the buttons to maintain your speed around corners or what-have-you. Or you can always oversteer if you've got a RWD car :D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think anyone would use it for a racing game, just used GT3 as an example, BTW, would'nt it be cool if GT3 had a safetycar option??!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :rolleyes:

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
I don't think anyone would use it for a racing game, just used GT3 as an example, BTW, would'nt it be cool if GT3 had a safetycar option??!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :rolleyes:
No way! Safetycars means the other cars would actually catch up to me!!! :D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rallyman said:

No way! Safetycars means the other cars would actually catch up to me!!! :D
Hehehe.
Have they imroved the pit stops in GT3? - in GT2 they sucked, lacked realism:rolleyes: :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
The throttle button on GT3 is pressure sensitive, you can tell this by being able to hold the revs at any position at the start compared with the old controller where it is either flat out revs or no revs.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yeah they are definately pressure sensitive in GT3, and yes I know where your coming from Pritesh, but IMO the buttons arnt needed in a racing game.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
I recon it's preeety cool, maybe if in the pitstops they let you hold 80kph yourself, instead of it doing it for you :rolleyes: , and if you ecede the limit, get a stop/go!!!:D :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Martin said:
Yeah they are definately pressure sensitive in GT3, and yes I know where your coming from Pritesh, but IMO the buttons arnt needed in a racing game.
Well slap me silly! Guess I should pay more attention! ;)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rallyman said:

Well slap me silly! Guess I should pay more attention! ;)
Nah, don't blame yourself, blame the kick ass grapghics for diverting your attention!!!:nuts:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I just bought GT3 and i want to know if anyone knows the code so i can get the FTR car ?
My brother has the code but he won't tell me :fmad:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!:p
Would'nt you rather play the game properly??!! - You get better satisfaction!;)

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Martin said:
Dead right, pressure sensitive but too fiddly.
Analogue sticks are the go...or one of them specially made logitech wheels!
------------------------------------------------------------
gms00, i don't think there is a code to win the FTR car or anything for that matter, same as the other 2 GT titles.
i got it through racing the rally series in order to win the Pikes Peak car, then done the Super Speedway 150 miles in the endurance races to win the Falc.
Russell.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
gms00 said:
I just bought GT3 and i want to know if anyone knows the code so i can get the FTR car ?
My brother has the code but he won't tell me :fmad:
Nah man....play the game properly as getting the car will give you a lot more satisfaction. It'll also improve your driving skills in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts