Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AUPS Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me where you can get GT40 heads from? and also AU XR8 throttle bodies?

i live in adelaide btw.

thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
The GT40 heads production was discontinued in the USA years ago and GT40 heads are replaced by GT40P & GT40X heads... GT40 heads were only fitted to EB GT & EL GT in Australia. The GT40P heads were a standard on all AU Series I & II (Not Sure about Series III) XR8's & The T series cars + and they will requier different extractors. As were to get them brand new I am not sure if there is any performance shop that sells them.

As for the AU throttle bodies ring ford unless you want a bigger performance Throttle body in which case you should ring a performance shop near you.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
AU l's had E7 heads.180 kw....Even in XR8's...

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
You can get the GT40P's from Herrod Motorsport, apparently they still had 3 set's left last week. You need Pacemaker of Genie extractors and 90 degree spark plug leads to fit them to an E-series falcon.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
The first AU TS's got alloy GT40Y's from memory also... $2500 each from Ford spares!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:
The first AU TS's got alloy GT40Y's from memory also... $2500 each from Ford spares!
Sure its each ??? $5k for heads??

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
^thats ford spare part pricing.. he probably meant 25,000 each.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Yes ring Herrods for GT40P's. They should fit normal pacemakers extractors but as EDXR8 said, you'll need right angled leads if you havent got them already!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts