Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had to cop it in the V8Supercars, no we're getting it handed to us in GTP aswell.

Procar are adding weight, and applying a rev limit to the Mustang RA:cussing: :thumbdown

While doing this to the Mustang, they are allowing GTS's rev limit to be raised from 6000rpm, to 6,300rpm.

This is a crock of SH!T. Since when do you have parity in production racing, I want to see the cars for what they are.

Procar - HSV ........... :flame:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
That is pathetic, the results of 1 race doesn't show how the rest of the series will pan out. What a very poor move by procar :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got that right DK. I didn't mention that there are also other cars involved in the parity adjustments. This is damn production car racing for ****s sake...can't we leave it at that...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The Turbo cars arnt allowed exhaust mods either, as it increases Turbo Boost above factory levels.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Is there anybody that Holden doesn't influence?? :fmad: :fmad:

Nice to see Ford getting a chance in another category... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I thought it was a manditory two years wait before a parity adjustment was made. Yeah i am sure it was two years before Tega got off their ass. How many races has the Mustang been to to come up with that conclusion?

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
HSE2 said:
I thought it was a manditory two years wait before a parity adjustment was made. Yeah i am sure it was two years before Tega got off their ass. How many races has the Mustang been to to come up with that conclusion?
1 race, 1/2 of a meet, as the Mustang had engine firing probs in the first race. The second race resulted in the Mustang stomping on the field in such a fashion that it sent Holden bosses crying & screaming to mummy (procar) 'it's not fair!' like spoiled brats. :fmad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
What an absolute Joke, John Bowe wins one god damn race and they think he is going to dominate the series. There is one Mussy in the field and about 5 GTS's so does this mean they want the GTS to fill the spots 1-5 with Bowe in the Mustang 6th.
Typical just like V8 Supercars they cater for Holden because they are said to have the most fans.:mad3:

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
That is the most disgusting news I have heard of in motor racing in years. The body who manages the sport should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Somebody should find some contact information on the concerned parties that made this ruling and we should tell them what we think of this.

And I was going to start watching the Production series this year - they can forget it now. I want to see what manufacturer has the best package that can perform well on the track. If I want to watch a close and slow race with parity I'll watch the Daewoo Lanos series or commodore cup thanks!!

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Did they even consider that it could be due to the fact that the Mustang has one of the best drivers in the country behind the wheel?!? :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Thats right DK, lets see how many of the other GTP drivers would have stormed through the field like JB did in that second race, answer Not too many. :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Just a question... Will JB be driving this weekend or Mark Noske? I think it's Noske 'cause JB's busy with CAT Racing. Anyone know for sure??..

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford Man said:
Just a question... Will JB be driving this weekend or Mark Noske? I think it's Noske 'cause JB's bust with CAT Racing. Anyone know for sure??..
What's that about JB and CAT racing?

Also, you guys should know this parity thing has been going on for some time now. For example, the Camry/Magna were so woeful on the track that they were allowed to fit an LSD (worth around 4-5 seconds min around Eastern Creek). Notice Toyota didn't mention that in their commercials?

The way I see it, the cars should be allowed NO MODS other than brake pads, suspension and safety gear. The best way to check for mods is to have a dyno available on the day to dyno the cars and check power readings. Anything more than 105% of a reference datum car is disqualified for the meeting.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah couldn't agree more, GTP racing is about comparing how cars are from the showroom floor, apart from the necessary safety things like brakes and shocks nothing should be moded.
Seems thats no the case :confused: :confused:

Geez no wonder the Camry and Magna look so quick in the race compared to falcon in their class. Piss's me off that fords get the disadvantage grrrrrrrrrr
I remember that the XR6 back in 1992 came 6th outright in the production car 12 hour.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
What's that about JB and CAT racing?
Sorry, was a typo. I meant busy with CAT Racing..

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford Man said:

Sorry, was a typo. I meant busy with CAT Racing..
Don't do that! :eek: :eek: :nuts:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah couldn't agree more, GTP racing is about comparing how cars are from the showroom floor, apart from the necessary safety things like brakes and shocks nothing should be moded
I agree also and it pisses me off that we can't have a purely production series that isn't frigged around with to supposedly give the public close racing. Not all cars are created equal. If one manufacturer is winning more it's up to the opposition to strengthen their lineup IMHO.

EF_Falcon_GuY said:
I remember that the XR6 back in 1992 came 6th outright in the production car 12 hour.
Yes the good old days of production racing..EA's and EB's flogging the crap out of VN's, pretty much straight from the car dealer's showrooms.
Rastus.

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Here's my final thought on this matter.

Now I don't mind if one particular car (for example the GTS 300) wins every bloody race for the year and gets publicity for doing so, it only means that the other manufacturers will have to lift their game. This all means that the public will ultimately get a better vehicle. But if we sit back and let them fill the cars with lead weights when things get interesting what sort of progression are we to be expecting from the manufacturer? Not much I expect.

Time for a beer I think!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
16 Participants
Big Block Ford
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing