Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been tossing up between trading my GTP for a couple of week snow and started doing some research..

One thing that really suprised me was the weight... there is only 49 kilo grams between the 2 cars.....:O thats so suprising.... I thought that there was alot more in it.
 

·
Tornado F6
Joined
·
236 Posts
Is that with Brembo's and 19's on the F6 as well?
I gather the Clutch would add some weight and also strangly enough the F6 Gearbox holds something like a litre more oil?????
would be nice to know why its only 49kilo lighter Simon.
I was thinking closer to 100 so yeah as you say it is surprising.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes if you goto FPV's Website and Download the file on specs for both.. Very interesting. I dont think that weight was with brembos at all mate.
 

·
Club Phantom
Joined
·
284 Posts
Stay true to the cause brother!!

Get the 'phoon and you'll become our girlie-front-bum sister.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
The GT-P is the Flagship of FPV but the Typhoon is alot more easier to get power out of than the GT-P (as you know). After our phone conversation yesterday of what you were telling me about the Typhoon and how mad it is, its an easy decision. I'd go the Typhoon. :hy: But you have driven both of them so you would have a better idea then me.

Either way you will still have an awesome car. :driver:
 

·
Go Nuts in Your Falcon
Joined
·
540 Posts
I say stay with the GTP and add a blower of some description to it. You already have the GTP, dont' lose money off it just to get a typhoon.
 

·
The SB Slayer
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
GTP-330 said:
Well ive been tossing up between trading my GTP for a couple of week snow and started doing some research..

One thing that really suprised me was the weight... there is only 49 kilo grams between the 2 cars.....:O thats so suprising.... I thought that there was alot more in it.
Simon, keep the GT-P and buy the F6 too. :hy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
FPVGT said:
Simon, keep the GT-P and buy the F6 too. :hy:
Thats what Im trying to convince Cathy. Now she has seen this post from you Alex she now beleives all my storys about you.
Now just have to convince her it was your idea to lower the GTP as well

Keep the GTP Simon and get the F6 as well just blame Alex its what I do
 

·
The SB Slayer
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
AU1XLS said:
Thats what Im trying to convince Cathy. Now she has seen this post from you Alex she now beleives all my storys about you.
Now just have to convince her it was your idea to lower the GTP as well

Keep the GTP Simon and get the F6 as well just blame Alex its what I do
Hey Gary when are we going to FORD for a quote on the F6's :shh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AU1XLS said:
Thats what Im trying to convince Cathy. Now she has seen this post from you Alex she now beleives all my storys about you.
Now just have to convince her it was your idea to lower the GTP as well

Keep the GTP Simon and get the F6 as well just blame Alex its what I do

hahah mate if i had the dollars to do it right now i would definalty do it. Im going to keep the GTP and hold off for a second hand typhoon. Ive now just got to decide if i fit the turbos i originally got for the GTP or i get a whipple.... Or i just do the cams rods and pistons and move that limiter upto 7000 rpm and see what she can do :priest:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
GTP-330 said:
.fit the turbos i originally got for the GTP. Or i just do the cams rods and pistons and move that limiter upto 7000 rpm and see what she can do :priest:
Just do the lot :hy:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
GTP-330 said:
hahah mate if i had the dollars to do it right now i would definalty do it. Im going to keep the GTP and hold off for a second hand typhoon. Ive now just got to decide if i fit the turbos i originally got for the GTP or i get a whipple.... Or i just do the cams rods and pistons and move that limiter upto 7000 rpm and see what she can do :priest:
Gota say I love forced induction, but a 400 + KW NA screamer would be cool, I don't know of any others around yet. I think some have even said it can't be done (with a practical buget at least).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JasonJ said:
Gota say I love forced induction, but a 400 + KW NA screamer would be cool, I don't know of any others around yet. I think some have even said it can't be done (with a practical buget at least).

well lets see ;)
 

·
BOSSONNOS
Joined
·
67 Posts
GTP-330 said:
hahah mate if i had the dollars to do it right now i would definalty do it. Im going to keep the GTP and hold off for a second hand typhoon. Ive now just got to decide if i fit the turbos i originally got for the GTP or i get a whipple.... Or i just do the cams rods and pistons and move that limiter upto 7000 rpm and see what she can do :priest:
Hey Simon,
Go the whipple, nothing like the scream from a PD blower (more street cred than a turbo) and it's more cost effective and less labour intensive. After driving your GTP, if it makes that much torque now whats it going to be like with a PD blower Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa.

Dave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Bolt on a twin turbo kit from APS and you'll make 400rwkw on stock internals.
Typhoon can't touch this.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top