Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why HSV are dropping the GTS untill next year when a limited run of 100 will re appear and temperaraly replacing them with 100 SV 300s? Is it to justify the two and a half thousand dollar increase for the 300 engined VX2 or a move to boost sales of the GTS Monaro when it will be released as it will virtually be the only 300 car being made by HSV for several months? Perhaps they are doing someting special to the GTS to rivall a 35th aniversary GT?

What date does the Sydney Motorshow start? Ford are keeping the T Series a well kept secret i wonder if we will even hear anything before the show starts. Good to see that Tickford vehicles will be using the micro id dot technoligy that VX2 HSVs are using. Apparently its almost 100% effective and apparently should lower insurance premiums but i would'nt hold my breath.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Hobbes said:
GTS went on hiatus between VT1 and VT2 - it's usually done when they have a major upgrade in mind ...
Hobbes

Have you got any news on the new camber kits the gts will be using???

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hobbes said:
GTS went on hiatus between VT1 and VT2 - it's usually done when they have a major upgrade in mind ...
So in other words it could show up with more than 300kw when it re appears? Looks like Ford is'nt going to find it easy getting to the top if HSV do that :(

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
hehe, I wouldnt worry too much. Ford always seems to have the quality edge... you buy a 90k commodore and you still get that god awfull bulbous steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
DR XR said:
What date does the Sydney Motorshow start?
October 12-21.

Good to see that Tickford vehicles will be using the micro id dot technoligy that VX2 HSVs are using.Apparently its almost 100% effective and apparently should lower insurance premiums but i would'nt hold my breath.
I saw that on the news the other night, looks good, but what happens if say you pull your 5 speed box out, sell it to your mate and then replace it with a 6 speed. Your mate goes to rego or get pulled over by the microdot police and gets busted for having stolen parts.
I agree about the insurance prices, the insurance companies have pretty much said that they won't be dropping their prices by much (if at all).
That's because they are corrupt. My mate (owns a wreckers) went to an NRMA auction a while back and saw a VS Statesman that had been rolled big time, there was SFA left to salvage, maybe the motor (Fuellie 308) and box , all the panels were trashed, diff was bent, wheels were toast, you get the picture and it sold for about $8000! There's no way the car was worth that. People are buying these cars and then going out and stealing a similar model and re-birthing them. Even Clouseau could work that one out. :eek:

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
SnaggS said:
hehe, I wouldnt worry too much. Ford always seems to have the quality edge... you buy a 90k commodore and you still get that god awfull bulbous steering wheel.

Barely a quality problem, isn't it?

I think that HSV's sales figures show that the design of the steering wheel are not stopping the majority of buyers. I don't whink it would do any harm to imporve the design, but there's a lot of places where the cars can be improved.

laminge - not that I've heard of as of yet, but I have heard that HSV will be putting a lot of new suspension ideas into the coupe.

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Re: Re: GTS and SV300

"Your mate goes to rego or get pulled over by the microdot police and gets busted for having stolen parts. "

Only if they're reported stolen.

·
CUBES = POWER
77 Posts
HSV is supposed to release a concept car based on the commo at the Motor Show that's supposed to take the limelight out of the Monaro, and it won't be the GTS or GTO. They say they will start making concept cars that won't be based on the commo. Wonder what their concept will be.

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
Barely a quality problem, isn't it?

I think that HSV's sales figures show that the design of the steering wheel are not stopping the majority of buyers. I don't whink it would do any harm to imporve the design, but there's a lot of places where the cars can be improved.
Yes it is... the quality of the plastics are terrible (the material itself, not to mention casting marks) & couple that with a crap design. The steering wheel is a joke and empitimises everything thats kept a large portion of the market buying "Australian".

As for sales figures. Compare HSV sales to that of every import car at 50k+ put together, and there are the sales which are being missed.

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Ok - I'll go and see how the GTS is selling against the Landcruiser Sahara ... I'm sure that will answer all our questions ... :rolleyes:

The wheel has been on the cars since 1997 and hasn't been an issue in both Holden's and HSV's record sales. Any "crap design" is purely subjective ...

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
LOL, you don't think its ANYTHING due to the fact that theyre skimping on a cheap ass airbag ? Think that might have anything to do with the fact that its so FAT ? Seen any other sports car in the history of motorsport with a steering wheel that looks like they stuffed an entire quilt into the centre of it ?

Your deluding yourself. Just because you like your car and own one, doesn't mean you have to pretend every flaw is a virtue

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Where did I say is it a virtue? I don't recall singing it's praises - simply that it doesn't seem an issue to most (unlike yourself it seems).

Other than your obvious dislike for the design, can you point to anything that makes it any worse than another wheel? Oh, and if you think you can, keep it objective.

Deluding myself? I don't know - this topic started as a conversation about future HSV models, and changed when you decided that your blind hatred toward a wheel needed to be vented here. Both pointless and irrelevant - just like your comparison of HSV to every car priced over 50k ... :rolleyes:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hey Hobbes ya hungry bastard!! :D I thought I saw ya heading out of Penno Maccas last week, wed or thur night??? Gave chase but got caught by the lights..

Twas you wasn't it?? :D

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
hehhe :) Ahh, no use arguing - he's made up his mind to hate everything Holden - I'm glad most of the guys here are much more level headed and interesting :)

It might have been me - I vaguely remember a XR8 running nearby me :)

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
I don't hate everything holden;

* I love the engine
* I love the exterior look
* I like the features

Infact, HSV Clubsports look absoloutely awesome. The reason I hate the steering wheel (and the spew pattern on SS seats)... is because compared to the good look of the rest of the car, it just stands out as an eyesore.

Imagine if you looked at a Ferrari from the outside, getting all sweaty and then open the door and saw that steering wheel ;p

What I dont like about the wheel is the size of the airbag stuffed into the centre, the plastic used also looks cheap. It doesnt look like a sports steering wheel (ie. Nardi, Momo etc). I have an Alfa GTV atm, it has an airbag in the wheel, but you wouldn't know it.

The ford wheel airbag is much more discreet. Though the HSV Clubsport looks a bit meaner, its the wheel I'll be staring at all day whilst I'm driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts