Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guiness..

I never thought it to be true.. but the Guiness over here (Wales) tastes completely different to the stuff in Oz. The stuff we get is crap!! We head off to Ireland today and apparantly it's even better over there. *Dons evil smirk* I'll let you guys know how the taste test goes..

Have a good one lads & lasses..

Chucks :D

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
The Brits/Scots/Welsh get a slightly watered down version, and get a further watered down version here. Only the Irish drink true Guinness. :D
Chuck, make sure you try Spitfire (Kentish ale) when your in England, its good stuff! So good, I brought a bottle home for my beer collection!

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Apparently there is the aussie brewed guinness and the proper imported stuff?

Cos i've been to a couple of pubs that have both and they actually ask you which one you want - the imported stuff costs more not surprisingly.

G

·
0 Posts
Mate I drank a pint of Guiness one time and I was crook for the night never touched that stuff again.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i must admit, Guinness has ben an aquired taste for me, first time i tried it i thought it was yuke, but now i don't mind the pint or two. Must admit though i can't drink it glass after glass.

Puts on an Irish voice "It's meat in a can". :D :D :D

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Ok......you guys must be wimps..... Guiness is all that I drink. I have it here and it is way watered down in the states. I have been to Ireland and I can tell you it is stout. Guiness is the best.

When in Ireland I was drinkin 5 or 6 pints before the buzz kicked in. Now I am not am alcoholic, but I can pack guiness away.

No one here in this area really likes it. they say it is too heavy a beer for them. Though...I have to deal with coors lite drinking mofos here. Who think piss water tastes good.

HAHAHA

Anyway looks like I will have to grab me some when I get off of work. You guys are making me thirsty!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Guiness on tap is completely different to guiness in a can... One of my mates refuses to drink guiness on tap... so I used to have to drive his drunk ass down to the liquor store to get the cans.

and murphy's irish stout is supposed to be really good (never tried it)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Venom S said:
Chuck, make sure you try Spitfire (Kentish ale) when your in England, its good stuff!
Shall do.. The stuff here in Dublin is just sensational. If only we could get the real stuff at home.. :(

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brendan said:
Never really been a fan of Guinness - to heavy.
Me either.. I can only drink about 1/2 a pint of the stuff at home. The "real" Guiness is sensational. I've been drinking pint after pint after pint. It tastes sooo different, it's just so damn horny.. :D
What's really funny is when you've had a few and you start to slur your words.. you ask the barman for another and neither of you can understand each other from the accents!!.. Top stuff.. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts