Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Myself and a couple of mates did a track day today and had a blast. We had the two GT-P's a twin turbo Porsche 4wd and a GT3 Porsche.The GT3 was a little out of our league as its full race spec and the driver races carrera cup so had no chance there but let me tell you the twin turbo didnt do it to convincingly for the money its worth.Mind you we have done a lot of development on Engine, Suspension and added brake ducting to the front of the GT-P's which has tranformed this into what it should be.One change i will be doing is upgrading the coilovers to 1000lbs on the front.
Also every holden out there was trying to catch us but not one got close!
A couple of stock GT's came after lunch and looked to have a good time as well.

Elmer Fudd

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
GOOD TO SEE, YOU HAD A fun DAY Elmer Fudd, Did you guy's just do circuit racing or did you do 1/4 mile as well ?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just Circuit only.

ElmerFudd

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
Some nice cars there, what i would give to fang a modded GT around a racetrack

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
What sort of time's are we talking about,for your GT-P's,
For the Holden's as well, so we can get a comparsion,cheer's.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Yeh I'd also be interested in lap times, I've done many laps of the Creek with many different vehicles.

Rick.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Good to see they are used for what they were built for.What type of development work have you guys done to them.?Also interested to see what lap times you guys achieved on the day.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
They lack stripes though. LOL
Cheers John

·
Registered
301 Posts
Soxx said:
Yeh I'd also be interested in lap times, I've done many laps of the Creek with many different vehicles.

Rick.
If it was like my day at Eastern Creek, you don't actually get to use all the track:

You bypass all the Corporate Hill stuff by cutting across where you'd normally be doing a right-hander to head up around Corporate Hill; then have to "pit", line up and go out again, as they do not want you going flat chat down the straight due to to the insurance implications, not to mention noone has helmets on, they have no idea of your driving ability and they use they straight's run-off area to do the motokhana type stuff for the other group. So any laptime would have little relevance, other than between cars on the day.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was hard to get good lap times because i didnt get one full clean lap because of slow traffic but going by what the Porsche does other times i would have to say easily low 1m50's but dont hold me to that.Today my mate with the Twin turbo who has won the targa tasmania showroom class in a porsche admitted to me he could not catch me only keep up except for along the straight where he was about 10-15 k's faster. so at the moment i have a very big head.This was by the way the first time ive had the GT-P at the track in the form it is now and only the second time ive raced at the creek(go carts not included).The torque that the motor is now producing basically allows you to hold 3rd for most of the back of the circuit so thats why its so quick, just ask the black MY03 STI who was monstered and got a reallity bite that 4WD does not always make a fast car.

Elmer Fudd

·
Ingall Fan
179 Posts
Sounds like a blast mate, hot as hell looking GT-P's aswell they look great good to hear you had fun Hunting Holdens and Subaru's :angel:

Must be handling damn good to be Monstering an Sti there a damn fast car around a track you are a champion must be something about Eastern Creak and blue falcons

1 - 14 of 14 Posts